• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

AR ride anyone?

bamamate

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was thinking about doing a ride in the Ozarks this weekend and wanted to see if anyone else was interested. It will have to be Sunday 10/6 for me as I have the UCA football game to attend on Saturday.

I've got a soccer game on Saturday and a mandatory wife event on Sunday. Next weekend the in-laws are in Arkansas for the first time since we moved down. Hope you find someone to ride with.

I need a good ride! :D looks like it's gonna cool down a bit Sunday.

High of 73°. low 49° Mostly Sunny/20% AM Rain SE

Where/When do you wanna meet up? IMed you my cell number.

It's not confirmed yet but the soccer game got canceled on Saturday and we are trying to move Sunday's plans to Saturday. I'll let you know.

Galaxy S4

Plan is to meet at the Greenbrier McDee at 8am and ride the Mountain View, Melbourne, Batesville area. S10 guy I rode with last weekend is joining us. He know the area and the good roads.

FYI, I went ahead and showed up at the Greenbrier McD last Sunday morning :D I decided on a easy run straight up 65 to Harrison, then down 7 to Russellville. Roads were still a bit wet in places from the rain the night before, just past Marshall there was a heavy fog (low flying clouds :D ) that was beautiful and serene. The first few miles of 7 out of Harrison are some of the best twisties in the state and I had a blast.

We need to do a do-over this weekend :D

I got the in-laws in town for the first time since we moved to Arkansas. So I get to entertain this weekend. Hope you guys can throw something together.

Leave Texas for Arkansas in the morning. First night el dorado! then 5 nights in russelville. Meeting my brother from NC and a group from La. Hope the roads aren't plugged up with leaf peepers. First trip to Arkansas. Tried last year, but big storm sent us too west Texas.

Leave Texas for Arkansas in the morning. First night el dorado! then 5 nights in russelville. Meeting my brother from NC and a group from La. Hope the roads aren't plugged up with leaf peepers. First trip to Arkansas. Tried last year, but big storm sent us too west Texas.

I'm not so sure there is much to see yet. I live in Cabot and nothing here is really starting to turn. The weather dips for a few day and then we are back up in the 80's. Bamamate is closer to Russellville. He could give you better info for that area. I imagine things shouldn't be to bad.

We rode Highway 7, 123, and 16 about a month ago and I was surprised at how many cars we did not see. We caught up to one truck that day and he pulled over so we could continue on.

Leaves shouldn’t be a problem yet. I would take Hwy7 out of El Dorado and ride it to Russellville. Once through Hot Springs it turns into a great road. Downtown Hot Springs, on Hwy7/Central Ave by the bath houses, has some good restaurants for lunch. Rain on Saturday. Guessing it will move through El Dorado Sat night early Sunday. Then great weather for the rest of the week. Chilly in the mornings and nice by afternoon.

There really isn’t a bad road north of Russellville.

I don't know what route you plan on taking but if you do take Hgihway 7 north and stop in Hotsprings I would like to recommend two places to eat. I have only lived in ARkansas for 9 months so these other guys may know better places. I love Fish and BBQ.

There is a waterpark in Hot Springs and I bought season passes for my family. We went 7 times this summer. More often that not we eat dinner at one of two places. Our Favorite would be Mr. Whiskers. I don't know what the use in the badder for the fish and shrimp but its like an addictive sustance I won't mention. I love that place and make excuses to take the kids to the waterpark so I can eat there.

The second place we like is Stubby's BBQ. My wife loves Ribs. She says they are awesome. Some people say a little to smoky but we really like it.

If your interested this is take from a site that rated the route bamamate mentioned although I'm sure you probably have your route planned.

Motorbike Ride : AR7 : Harrison - Arkadelphia

View attachment 9033

Attachments

• Capture3.jpg
    Capture3.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 28
HA! Stubby's :D worked there way back in college, awesome smoker!

FYI, I did not see any color but green on the trees around Harrison.

Back