• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Are You a Honda person ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1183
  • Start date
Never thought of that. My mower also has a Honda engine albeit the mower is a McCullough. It can be a pain to start though. Probably due to petrol degradation.

I have found that using non-ethanol gas can get rid of almost all starting problems in my gas powered yard machines. I still use StaBil for storage, but even so, they start easier than they used to.

Sorry if this is old news- I just started using it last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have found that using non-ethanol gas can get rid of almost all starting problems in my gas powered yard machines. I still use StaBil for storage, but even so, they start easier than they used to.

Sorry if this is old news- I just started using it last year!

Non ethanol gas is a good thing, but having been forced to use gasohol for as long as I can remember, my method is simply to never leave fuel in a carburetor over the long term. I drain or run carbs out of fuel when non use is expected. The afore mentioned 34 year old lawn mower still has the original carb and starts with gasohol on the first pull at the start of every season.

I used StaBil religiously in the past up until the price kept creeping up and doubled, and now I find that not using StaBil really makes no difference. StaBil treatment for the 150+ gallons of fuel I might have on hand for 20 engines just got too expensive.

Every one has their own method, so use what ever works.

Back