• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Arkansas ride, 10/5-10/9/2019

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I’m thinking of doing a ride on the NC700X to northern Arkansas, around 10/5-10/8/2019. I’ll tent camp at Shady Oaks, near Harrison, AR. I like to ride the two laners in that area, eat at the Oark store, etc. If anyone else wants to join in, just holler.

A025E07B-BE40-40D3-8A78-BE6CADE7E2D2.jpg

Week later woulda been better For me - Barber Vintage Fest this weekend plus it’s still too freakin’ HOT to head down the highway. 100 today and upper 90’s right into the weekend. Next week we may start a “fall-like” trend.. should be 80 for highs right now. Sheesh.:p

Then again, if things get cooler around the 7th or 8th, just-may-get-away.. Arkansas is really some great riding.

Last edited:
I just made that trip this past weekend. If you find yourself near central AR holler at me! I have yet to see another NC in this area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just made that trip this past weekend. If you find yourself near central AR holler at me! I have yet to see another NC in this area.

We used to have a spring time meet up near Jasper that we called Hillbilly Hangout. One year there were probably 6 or 8 NCs there and a bunch of other bikes. The annual event fell apart after 4 or 5 years due to dwindling attendance.

I went up to Theodosa, MO for a ST1300 rally about 10 years ago. I remember a great ride out of Russellville up through Hector, Tilley, Marshall, Harriet, Yellville, Peel, the Bull Shoal Lake ferry across into MO. Great riding. Have fun.

Does this AR trip mean no meet up next week in the Smokies?

I went up to Theodosa, MO for a ST1300 rally about 10 years ago. I remember a great ride out of Russellville up through Hector, Tilley, Marshall, Harriet, Yellville, Peel, the Bull Shoal Lake ferry across into MO. Great riding. Have fun.

Does this AR trip mean no meet up next week in the Smokies?

Yes. I looked at the weather, I looked at the distance, I thought about the routes, the traffic and congestion, and I just decided to go to AR rather than NC. No hard fast reasons, just gut feel. Maybe it’s because I’ve been to the Smokies twice this year, but so far only once to Arkansas. So sorry we won’t be able to meet up, but if nothing else, I’ll be at Kickstand Lodge next May.

Back