• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ask me about Fly Racing customer service...

GunNut37086

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Okay, I can't wait til you ask...

Spoiler alert: they are freaking awesome!!

I bought a Fly Butane 4 riding jacket in black and hi-viz yellow from Revzilla last month. The thermal liner was impressive, but I won't be using it for about 6 months so it got removed immediately, leaving a lot of room for fall/spring layering. For summer, this jacket has great shoulder vents and back exhaust, plus this awesome full mesh panel down the middle to let in a ton of air (my favorite feature). Overall, it's good enough for summer even with a touring screen on the bike. I absolutely love this jacket and expect to be able to wear it year round. The forearm and bicep staps have 3 adjustment positions which helps keep the elbow pads where they belong and customize the feel. Here's the video that sold me on the jacket.

[video=youtube;0QFGMUNuFbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QFGMUNuFbE[/video]

I hadn't been trying to avoid it, but realized that I hadn't gotten caught out in the rain until Tuesday. I closed the vent panels and went to zip up the main zipper for the first time and the YKK zipper was a little stiff halfway up. I was not happy to see the zipper come open below the zipper pull while riding, but I didn't get too wet. When I got home I saw why, there were 2 missing teeth on the right side of the zipper (anchor side). Nothing I can do now will keep this thing zipped in cold weather, so I was really bummed out. I was kicking myself for not trying the zipper sooner. I figured the zipper would need to be replaced or this was going to wind up being a dedicated summer jacket.

On a whim I sent an email to Fly Racing the next day to tell them what happened. Later THE SAME DAY, a fella named Gary from Fly asked me to send him pics of the jacket and the missing zipper teeth. I obliged and he replied right away asking for my name address and phone number along with an offer to completely replace the jacket!!! Who has customer service like this nowadays?!! I was floored and needless to say I'm a loyal customer for life now!

BTW...when the new one comes in Gary said to either return the old one or send more pics proving it was destroyed and out of circulation. I get that, I'm sure plenty of d-bags would try to scam an extra jacket out of the deal. I was a little sad to be cutting up a jacket I like so much, but now I'm trying to think of a clever and fun way to destroy it. My first idea...shoot it full of holes at the shooting range. How fun would that be?

Would it be prohibitively expensive to send it back to them? Just thinking that it might be an easy repair for them to do, and then they could either offer it up for sale again in a refurbished or discount fashion, so some other rider might be able to enjoy owning it, rather than it just being destroyed.

I just hate to see nice things going to waste like that :(

Anyway regardless of what you end up choosing to do, I'm glad you were taken care of by the company, that's awesome! :cool: Way to be a good guy, Gary at Fly! :D

Would it be prohibitively expensive to send it back to them? Just thinking that it might be an easy repair for them to do, and then they could either offer it up for sale again in a refurbished or discount fashion, so some other rider might be able to enjoy owning it, rather than it just being destroyed.

I just hate to see nice things going to waste like that :(

Anyway regardless of what you end up choosing to do, I'm glad you were taken care of by the company, that's awesome! :cool: Way to be a good guy, Gary at Fly! :D

I'm not a fan of anything going to waste either. I guess I assume Fly will just destroy it, so I may as well have fun destroying it myself.

I'll ask if repair and recirculation is an option. Good idea, thanks.

Almost every jacket I've replaced in the last 20 years has been due to a bad zipper.
Zippers are pretty much a replace it type of item which is pretty time consuming.
I looked at having one replaced and decided I'd be better off buying a new jacket, but motorcycle gear is more expensive so it might be worth it.

It is nice to hear that the company took care of you so quickly. I have been taken care of with two separate glove claims. I had to go through dealer so it was just time consuming.

Back