• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

ATGATT includes gloves...

FezUSA

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A helmet and jacket are just a good start, and saved this guys face, arms and chest. But no gloves?!! He's probably regretting that decision. I noticed the 'L' plates so he may be a new rider. When buying your 1st bike it really is a good idea to include in the decision making process that you need money for the bike, insurance, road tax etc. AND the proper gear. While accidents can and do happen to riders of every experience level, new riders should be ATGATT from the start.

Face-plant in traffic.

Ha! We always heard not to use the front brake or you'll go over the handlebars.

The down side of having a bike with extreme capabilities, if you don't know how to use them you can get hurt easily

Oops, guess he should try practicing those stoppies in less traffic...probably some skin rash on palms of his hands and some sore elbows (don't try stopping your fall with your arms)...

Yeah, that had to hurt. Almost looks like he could've broke an arm/elbow. Give him props for not hitting anyone else I guess......or not.

personally I'd list things in order of importance for me as (note: motorcycle specific gear implied, I always wear some sort of shoes and pants, lol):

1) helmet
2) gloves
3) jacket
4) pants
5) shoes

I almost always wear 1-4 and about 1/2 the time add 5. Never without the top 3. If you go down, even at low speed your hands are hitting the pavement. Baffles me why anyone wouldn't wear gloves.

personally I'd list things in order of importance for me as (note: motorcycle specific gear implied, I always wear some sort of shoes and pants, lol):

1) helmet
2) gloves
3) jacket
4) pants
5) shoes

I almost always wear 1-4 and about 1/2 the time add 5. Never without the top 3. If you go down, even at low speed your hands are hitting the pavement. Baffles me why anyone wouldn't wear gloves.

I prioritize them all first. With over 25%of the bones in your body in your feet I feel they need to have protection.

2014 nc700x -Rox risers-22in madstad-barkbuster storms.

1) helmet
2) gloves
3) jacket
4) pants
5) shoes

what about spare under pants incase ya sh*t yaself;)

I bought the best gloves I could afford before my first ride. I work with my hands, I can't afford to risk my livelihood. Riding pants are the only gear I don't wear all the time, but I know I should.

Boots with ankle protection are a good idea.

Try this fun experiment with a friend. Stand next to your bike. Have him (or her) shove it over on to your leg! :)

Back