• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question August, September or October is better for off-roading in Colorado?

Afan

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,
I was thinking to do some light off-road riding (gravel, dirt, Class B, etc.) west of Colorado Springs, on my RE Himalayan. Something like THIS or THIS. August, September or October is the best? Is August still to hot? Is it passable in October at all?

Thanks for any help.

Any of those are fine unless you really have issues with heat or cold.

When I lived near Denver, 100 on a sunny day and 65 on a sunny day felt the same because you're getting raw sun and have no humidity. Being from FL it felt like what FL feels like at 78, warm but not overbearing. Once you get to elevation, the nights will be cool to cold year round, expect 40s and 50s through the summer. As you get closer to Oct, there is always a possibility of snow so watch the weather. I've had snow in June and highs in the 40's in July off the mountain, so anything can happen.

There is endless riding up there so bring plenty of water and extra gas.

Any of those are fine unless you really have issues with heat or cold.

When I lived near Denver, 100 on a sunny day and 65 on a sunny day felt the same because you're getting raw sun and have no humidity. Being from FL it felt like what FL feels like at 78, warm but not overbearing. Once you get to elevation, the nights will be cool to cold year round, expect 40s and 50s through the summer. As you get closer to Oct, there is always a possibility of snow so watch the weather. I've had snow in June and highs in the 40's in July off the mountain, so anything can happen.

There is endless riding up there so bring plenty of water and extra gas.
Thanks.
:)

Back