• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back rests and Butty Buddy?

DooDat

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks, I'd like some suggestions if you don't mind.

I've been searching for options to make riding for the passenger more comfortable. So far from what I've seen the Butty Buddy looks like cheap, quick, and comfortable solution for the back seat until I upgrade the entire seat. It's removable too so I'd only need it when she's riding with me.

I'm having a harder time finding a decent passenger backrest. I saw that a member here makes them and they look like they're pretty good quality but I was wondering if there are any other options out there that you might know of. Something that could be easily put on and removed and looked more like an OEM part would be ideal.

Can anyone offer their input or opinions on this? Thanks!

Hello
I have a backrest with carrier made by John it's very well built and looks good on the motorcycle as well.
You can find him on eBay or he's on this site as well.

Safe travels

G

Hello
I have a backrest with carrier made by John it's very well built and looks good on the motorcycle as well.

Safe travels

G
i think you mean "JohnAkay" (user name). Not sure I spelled that correctly.

i think you mean "JohnAkay" (user name). Not sure I spelled that correctly.

nah its johnakay not "JohnAkay" but my friends call me john ! and yes I do have friends some where ,I have yet to find them;)

I don't think you will find any back rest that will bolt straight on as it is.
you may have to buy mods seat etc such as corbin.
the only other way is to fit a rack/top box with a pad.again when added all up it will cost you a small fortune either way.
I think my b/rest are the cheapest options at the moment.

Hello

Safe travels

G
I'll 2nd that- I also have one. It's very well built and looks great on the bike. Oh yeah, and the wife seems to like it too..

Those do look nice. I plan on buying the OEM saddlebags but NOT the rack or rear trunk. Which one should I purchase in this case?

Those look good, johnakay. I'd like to order one from you but not sure which to get yet. I don't know if I want one to use with the OEM rack or not. I'll do a bit of research and get with you soon!

P.S. Do you have any pictures of your work in the matte black? Thanks!

Last edited:
Back