• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Back wheel

The 2014 CTX700 and the 2012-2015 NC700X rear wheels share the same 5 digit part number and should fit. The model codes are different but would be expected.

I could be wrong but I believe the 5-digit number is a description of that part and doesn't necessary mean it will fit on other models; conversely, you'd think that Honda would have tried to share as many parts and assemblies from the NCX to the CTX to reduce production costs. :)

I could be wrong but I believe the 5-digit number is a description of that part and doesn't necessary mean it will fit on other models; conversely, you'd think that Honda would have tried to share as many parts and assemblies from the NCX to the CTX to reduce production costs. :)
In general, Honda seems to like reducing the number of different parts, and it's a smart business practice.
Practically all Honda bikes use the same oil filter (and the ones off most cars allegedly are also very similar).
There are some parts in common between the NC700 and Fit engines.
Things like turn signals and brake levers are common between multiple models.
Fewer parts to R&D and stock, fewer costs.

I think someone had started to build a cross reference list for parts used on multiple models, but I'm not sure if it still exists or how accurate it is.

In general, Honda seems to like reducing the number of different parts, and it's a smart business practice.
Practically all Honda bikes use the same oil filter (and the ones off most cars allegedly are also very similar).
There are some parts in common between the NC700 and Fit engines.
Things like turn signals and brake levers are common between multiple models.
Fewer parts to R&D and stock, fewer costs.

I think someone had started to build a cross reference list for parts used on multiple models, but I'm not sure if it still exists or how accurate it is.
I’m curious what parts are actually common between the NC700 and Fit engines. Do you have details?

Some of us are trying to kill off the media’s unsubstantiated NC/Fit relationship rumors, but if there are actual engine parts that had been shared, that would be very interesting to know.

I’m curious what parts are actually common between the NC700 and Fit engines. Do you have details?

Some of us are trying to kill off the media’s unsubstantiated NC/Fit relationship rumors, but if there are actual engine parts that had been shared, that would be very interesting to know.
I'll see if I can track down some part numbers, but if I recall correctly, it was only a few minor things like bearings/bushings/rollers. Nothing major like pistons and rods like some claim.

Quickly looking at parts diagrams (REF NC700 and JAZZ/FIT)

Piston Pin
Piston Rings
Con Rod
Con Rod Bolt
Con Rod Bearing

Quickly looking at parts diagrams (REF NC700 and JAZZ/FIT)

Piston Pin
Piston Rings
Con Rod
Con Rod Bolt
Con Rod Bearing
That is good information, and the first solid part number comparisons I’ve seen. Thanks for looking up the numbers.

Reactions: MZ5

All that started when Honda had their media day announcing the creation of the NC700 series...the announcer jokingly said it was half a Fit engine and the writers went wild with that.....and it still exists today....

The bore and stroke sizes of the NC700 engine doesn't correspond with anything on various Fit engines; in fact, I believe the Fit has a higher redline than the NC! .

The bore and stroke sizes of the NC700 engine doesn't correspond with anything on various Fit engines; in fact, I believe the Fit has a higher redline than the NC! .
According to Wikipedia, you are incorrect. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_Fit Check the various engines that have been used in the Fit and Jazz. Many different engines have been used in the Fit, including a 73x80 bore and stroke.
184EA5F4-08AC-45B5-A5A2-4544364E5D24.jpeg04C6BB6F-DE1B-4CF1-A99F-DF5D12A11DC8.jpeg

Oops...I stand corrected! I did my initial search way back in 2015 so that series engine ("7th generation") may not have existed at the time. :-(

Oops...I stand corrected! I did my initial search way back in 2015 so that series engine ("7th generation") may not have existed at the time. :-(

The L13 Engine with 73mmx80mm bore x stroke was available in some Fit/Jazz models since the 1st gen in 2001.
At least as far back as 2009 these parts were used in some Fit/Jazz.
See Here

Back