• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bad news...

n30r3l0ad3d

Reaction score
Visit site
Well it is official, I have let my 2013 NC700X go. I bought a 2014 CB1100, and it's an absolute amazing motorcycle. I will leave my youtube video's up for those who still have an NC, and as always if anyone has questions... Don't hesitate to ask.

Catch you NC owners on the flip side. Ride safe,

N30R3L0AD3D Signing off.

Attachments

• 0801141929-00.jpg
    0801141929-00.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 346
Last edited:
In 1969 a milestone for Honda was the successful introduction of the transverse, overhead camshaft inline four-cylinder engine that has been the dominant sport bike configuration. In one form or another I have driven this configuration for 45 years now. I know you will like this one. Congratulations!

When I was stuck in Dalton GA after I totaled my NC, I saw a red one on the showroom floor. They are beautiful! Reminded me so much of my 1974 CB750! If they made that style to fit a 6'2" frame, the new CB would have been mine!

Enjoy!! (But, sorry to see you go.)

I'll still pop in from time to time. I did already make 1 change to the CB1100. I ordered a pair of black NC700x mirrors for it.

We are going to need your thoughts after a few miles........... I've sat and seen this bike.... Really nice....... Congrats....

It has 69 miles on it. Immediately, it feels right at home for me.

Noticeable differences:

*It does not sit up as high as the NC
*Riding in the rain. The NC with the z8's gave me an uneasy feeling. The CB1100, no issues whatsoever.
*Weight. The CB1100 is definitely a heavier bike, and it is not as agile as the NC when leaning or turning.
*Power... Torque... Overdrive... Sewing machine smooth vs NC. Below 3k it's smooth, above it... Hold on.
*CHEAPER on insurance than the NC... :confused: Ya got me on that one... But I will take it!
*Overdrive 6th is overdrive 6th. 6th felt kinda high on the NC.
*Gear indicator, avg and instant MPG vs non existent on the NC.

It's definitely less of a commuter than the NC, with no frunk space or extreme MPG. But overall, I love it and have no regrets. The NC is / was a great motorcycle, but just lacked the power for me. Otherwise, I would have kept it.

I drool over the CB1100 at the dealer every time I go there and beg for a test ride :D The one thing that made me got to the NCX was accessories. The CB just doesn't have them and I wanted a cheap touring bike. I still want one tho :)

I rode a CB1100 Deluxe at the Wing Ding. It had very good attention to detail, and authentic looks. Riding it, the bike feels smaller than it looks, like a mid sized bike, but it has lots of power. Even the in-line 4-cylinder buzziness was there. It brought back memories from the late 70's-early 80's. The long, flat seat was comfortable. Sure miss them seats.

When I was all busted up in Dalton GA I first saw the CB1100. It sure brought back memories of my 1974 CB750.
If they made it to scale for a 6'2" frame, it would 1) look massive 2) be SO COOL!

I really like the looks!

Hey Dave. How can one compare the brakes? One is doubke disc with around 250kg? While the other is 1 disc with 200kg?
Apples and pears I think.
(Numbers are guesses, unverified).

Back