• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bag for the fake tank

Sorry I should have explained that doing porridge along with doing bird are both Uk slang terms for serving a prison scentance.
Carrying a firearm in the UK is a big NO NO. Even using a fake one in the course of robbery can get you life.
We had a hard time convincing our new daughter who recently left the US army that she could not carry a gun here.

It does seem that in the UK only the criminals are allowed to carry guns. I learned to use them and respect them as a kid. A degree of control over who can have them and over what types of guns just seems common sense but the blanket UK ban just seems an overreaction - especially since guns are so widely available on the black market.

We used to be able to own guns in the UK, but we had one or two unfortunate shootings, as you have had recently. The British Governments knee jerk reaction was to ban and confiscate all handguns and semi auto rifles, mine included. Since then shootings have proliferated and it has nothing to do with legitimate owners. After saying that, we were not 'just' allowed to own guns, we had to be members of gun clubs and be competent with their use. Some of us were, (shhhh) back up for the military, should the Russians invade!!!!.
Anyway, I think the helmet bag is a good idea, or what we in the UK, call, a 'Duffle' bag. This is like a tube shape bag with a draw string at one end,to close it.

We used to be able to own guns in the UK, but we had one or two unfortunate shootings, as you have had recently. The British Governments knee jerk reaction was to ban and confiscate all handguns and semi auto rifles, mine included. Since then shootings have proliferated and it has nothing to do with legitimate owners. After saying that, we were not 'just' allowed to own guns, we had to be members of gun clubs and be competent with their use. Some of us were, (shhhh) back up for the military, should the Russians invade!!!!.
Anyway, I think the helmet bag is a good idea, or what we in the UK, call, a 'Duffle' bag. This is like a tube shape bag with a draw string at one end,to close it.

Same type of things are now being proposed here......................but we have that thing called the 2nd amendment......thanks to the British some years back ;);) not that will stop them from talking and threatening.

Back on topic looking for bag to sit on top of the frunk:

IMG_2051.JPGIMG_2048.JPGIMG_2049.JPG

This bag has a gas cap quick release flange mount, I was thinking of drilling the frunk cover. For testing it is just double stick taped in place. I would order a replacement cover. The bag came with a ST1300 but I never used it because it sat too high and with pull back bars the grips touched the bag on full lock. That is not a problem in either case on the NC. On the NC the bag is reversed front to back to better contour to the frunk slope.

Last edited:
LOL, it's funny how quickly a general question would get re-directed to firearm related. It's clear to me what members on this board are into - motorcycles and guns.

I can see it now - Someone would ask about what auxiliary light you prefer on your NCX, the next you know, it'd be a Streamlight vs. SureFire discussion.

Annoying and terrifying to many people, given the fact this forum is called "international online NC700 community". Will rethink subscription.
As to the original question: over here we are using a special kind of Deuter bag:
31s7hUo3oTL._AA300_.jpg
This is called "Pack Sack XL titan-anthracite"
I got it via amazon.de, but I cannot find it at amazon.com
This durable and lightweighted bag fits the trunk as like being exactly made for it. Perfect solution.

I am sure you have all seen my Glock 19 mounted in the storage compartment. The BLACKHAWK Holster has a clip on the inside and it slips in a slotted mount.

View attachment 1701
Its sad that even in a bike forum Americans need to bring guns into it have you that little conman sense. yes its ppl that kill not guns, that's unless you happen to have a gun! as anyone who has a gun wants to kill something.

Don't hold back shoemonkey; let your prejudice and ignorance consume you. I just ask you stay away from firearms until you have calmed down. ;)

anyone who has a gun wants to kill something.

I am 62, have been shooting targets for 50 years. Have never fired at any living thing. I did hit a squirrel that ran under the front tire of my NC700X yesterday. Perhaps I should stop riding.

Personally, I am in favor of a number of restrictions on gun ownership. I also dislike outrageous generalizations.

Back on topic looking for bag to sit on top of the frunk:

View attachment 2719View attachment 2720View attachment 2721

This bag has a gas cap quick release flange mount, I was thinking of drilling the frunk cover. For testing it is just double stick taped in place. I would order a replacement cover. The bag came with a ST1300 but I never used it because it sat too high and with pull back bars the grips touched the bag on full lock. That is not a problem in either case on the NC. On the NC the bag is reversed front to back to better contour to the frunk slope.

I think a small bag like that is a good idea .... maybe something with a map pocket on top (for those of us that like to look at maps on paper)

Agree...... this bag does have a map pocket that clips on the top.

I've always liked tank bags. They keep weight central and easily managed. I will go with a strap bag for obvious reasons, and have found easy attachment for the strap under the seat and around the steering head. Easy to unclip to open the frunk. Adding up the 21 liters in the frunk and the tank bag, sure is nice for 90% of my riding. Lots of choices out there for tank bags.

Art

I have not drilled the holes....yet.....straps are a consideration. Prior bags were all magnetic;)

I use the tank bag for a GPS mount on occasion and XM radio and it allows quick change from bike to bike.

Last edited:
Its sad that even in a bike forum Americans need to bring guns into it have you that little conman sense. yes its ppl that kill not guns, that's unless you happen to have a gun! as anyone who has a gun wants to kill something.

That is a very ignorant statement!

Regardless of which side of the gun debate you fall on, a couple of things should be clear here...

1) Guns are not the topic that we came together for
2) It is obviously a topic that we can't discuss in a congenial manner.

I am "pro gun" and own many. But rather than defend my ownership and responsible use of them, I will suggest that this is a topic we should voluntarily avoid just like politics and religion. I have never seen anyone's position altered by one of these confrontations. You can't even call them "discussions". All they serve to do is injure and divide us. We came here to talk about the Honda NC700 motorcycles. We have that in common and it can be a basis for friendship and good will. All the gun discussions will do is break down those possible bonds of friendship.

Whether you are pro or con on the subject I would ask that you join me in not making it a topic of conversation on the forum. I am a member of about eight different gun boards. I have lots of friends there that I can talk with about guns and even buy, sell and trade. When I want to talk about guns I will go to one of those forums. When I want to talk about NC700's, I will come here. I have made my last mention here on the topic of guns. Will our members on both sides of this issue agree to join me in making this a non-topic?

It just doesn't get us anywhere and it shouldn't take admin intervention to get us to behave like ladies and gentlemen.

Back