• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Barkbuster Storm

GregC

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Apologies in advanced because I know this has been discussed to death, but there are too many looong threads.

Just want someone who has done it to confirm that you can install Barkbuster Storms on a DCT (mines a 2015) WITHOUT removing the internal weights. Seems I’ve read that but cannot now find a clear answer.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, Barkbuster Storms will mount on a 2015 DCT using the OEM bar end weights. The OEM screws are used instead of the ones in the Barkbuster kit.

If the Storms will mount to a DCT without removing OEM bar-ends/ weights , presumably they'll mount the same for a manual clutch bike. .....correct?.

If the Storms will mount to a DCT without removing OEM bar-ends/ weights , presumably they'll mount the same for a manual clutch bike. .....correct?.
I have them mounted on my manual using the stock bar end weights, so yes.

I've got the VPS instead of the storm, everything is the same except for the plastic piece. I think I should have gotten the storm but in not willing to spend $60 for the plastic to find out

Installed the Storms on my DCT this evening. Pretty straight forward - but I’ve got Oxford heated grips, 20mm risers, and previously had givi guards so my situation wasn’t “stock.”

Had to experiment a bit with different combinations of washers and whatnot to get it right. The instructions are abysmal- especially for a $150 product.

I did NOT remove the stock handlebar weights. I did use the BB end weight on the left side, but used the stock one on the right.

In the end they installed fine and unlike the Givi’s I do not hit my CalSci medium screen at full lock either direction. Should have just bought these the first time around (buy once, cry once), but $150 for two aluminum bars, 2 bits of plastic, and a bag of aluminum parts is nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back