• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

How To Barkbusters dual-mount installation tips (2023)

Cirrusly

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed my new dual-mount Barkbusters hand guards. I did remove the stock end weights and I used the Barkbuster ones. I learned a couple of things that I thought that I'd pass along.

1. Removing the existing end weights really isn't that difficult. There are several videos online of how to do it. If you just press down (or tap them gently with a small screwdriver) the little clips that are located in the small holes towards the end of the grips they'll come out fairly easily.

2. The instructions don't give any clue as to how the clamps are to be oriented. The picture below should give you a good idea of how they need to be installed.

3. The left clamp went on easily. The right one required a little work. First, the brake reservoir / mirror bracket needed to be loosened and moved the the right as far as possible towards the grip. While this is only about 1/8" of an inch, it does make a difference!

Secondly, under the handlebar there is a small round protrusion that gets in the way of the Barkbuster clamp. Upon close observation, there are two of these, on on each side of the handlebars. The one on the left isn't a problem as it clears the clamp. The one on the right is right in the center of where the clamp needs to be. Upon close observation the protrusion is actually removable.... it's a small plastic pin and insert that I removed by prying / tapping it out with a screwdriver.

Once you make the two changes to the right handlebar the clamp fits perfectly, just like the left one does!

Barkbusters installation.jpg

Last edited:
That is super helpful. What part numbers did you purchase? I’m looking to add this to my ‘21 which I believe is exactly the same, just a different color than the ‘23… because we all know red is the fastest color.

I love my Bark Busters
I don't have a lot of experience with them yet, but they appear to be very well made and provide a lot of protection not only for the hands but the bike as well. The instructions could use some improvement in my opinion, but overall I consider them to be very worthwhile and a good value.... not cheap, but a good value.

Back