• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery...differences between these two???

M

Moto-Kafe

My battery died today on my newly-acquired 2012, 10,500 mile 700X.....I assume it was the original.......5 years, not bad.
I started on ebay for a replacement. I can get a Shorai (sp?) lightweight replacement for $170 or so........have one in my vstrom 650 and boy, is it lightweight!! (it's been in the strom for a few years now....still going strong).
But I might not be going overboard on farkling this 700X out as much as I have done on my CB500X and vstrom, so I was looking at OEM battery replacements.
This "Motocross" (???) edition is $25 less than the second link below.......but I'm not sure about the cold cranking amps compared to the $131 unit.

Motocross by Yuasa 12V 11Ah Battery for Honda 700 NC700X 2017 | eBay

This is the more expensive battery, but looks more OEM......might be heavier than the Motocross unit, but I am more concerned about cold cranking amps and life longevity.

Yuasa YTZ12S Honda NC700X '12-'13 AGM High Performance Activated 12 Volt Battery | eBay

Thoughts???
Thanks........really enjoying this forum, and the 700X (even tho I have not ridden it that much yet.......my CC is getting workout tho!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Yuasa battery, and the Motocross by Yuasa battery are the same. The only difference is the label and the price. I use the Motocross brand.

Here's one site of many that explains it:
Yuasa YTX14-BS vs Motocross YTX14-BS -

Last edited:
EXCELLENT info 670cc.........I think that link pretty much tells me which one to buy!!!
Thankyou!!!
mark444

Back