• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery disconnect effect on engine, dashboard settings?

GLC

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a new 2022 NC750X DCT and want to fit some battery pigtails for my battery smart charger. Will disconnecting the battery for a few minutes have any effect on the dashboard settings for things such as trip meter, mpg average or any of the engine settings that are programmable (which I have yet to play with)? WIll anything need to be re-initialized after reconnecting? I did fit the Honda USB connector and just removed the negative terminal as recommended which then required me to reset the date and time. I didn't notice anything else that had been altered, but then I haven't changed any of the factory engine settings yet.

If you are careful you can keep the terminals "touching' while you install the new piece, and it won't have to be reset

If you are careful you can keep the terminals "touching' while you install the new piece, and it won't have to be reset
Thanks for that, but let's assume that as an old guy I'm not as careful as I need to be (a common situation for us seniors). Apart from the date and time, will I lose all other trip meter and fuel average settings? More importantly do I need to do any sort of re-initializing for the engine and transmission?

Back