• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery or...???

Lsdpoet

Reaction score
Visit site
My 2016 NN700x dct is attached to a tender..
The tender shows green, as in fully charged, but when I turn the key to start, the bike dies immediately...do I need a new battery or is there something else I should look for?
Thanks

How old is the battery? Did you check the voltage when using the starter? It should be above 10v.

If it’s a Deltran Battery Tender, I wouldn’t trust the lights to tell you anything. The battery could have a surface charge showing full charge voltage, but the battery has no storage capacity.

If she won’t crank, the battery connections are resistive, or the battery is bad. A voltmeter will help troubleshoot.

If your battery's original it's certainly living on borrowed time. As other's have said stick a multi-meter (cheap ones are fine for this) on it and see what's happening.

If it is original then time to change imho. I recently replaced the battery on my Strom because the Optimate tender was suggesting that it was no longer in the prime of life. It was 5 years old but I couldn't risk it letting me down on an upcoming trip to mainland Europe.

The lights on the charger will only tell you that the voltage is what is required.
What it wont tell you is if the battery has the power, amps, to spin the motor.
That is what a load test will tell.
As a battery ages the ability of it to supply amps to turn the motor decreases to a point that is cant turn it any longer.
Than all you hear is a click.

Back