• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Battery tender jr pigtail lead

the Ferret

Reaction score
Visit site
Where is a good place to run a battery pigtail lead out of on the NC 750 not only for battery maintenance but also for plugging in my Warm n Safe electric jacket liner for cold weather. Ideally it would be on the right hand side, up kinda high.

Mine is inside my Frunk

My heated gear wire is attached to the pigtail and snaked out of the Frunk, the thick rubber gasket around the Frunk allows the lid to close securely with the wire snaked through but not crimping the wire. I do the same with my phone charger wire. Keeps the connections inside the Frunk, totally waterproof.

Mine is inside my Frunk

My heated gear wire is attached to the pigtail and snaked out of the Frunk, the thick rubber gasket around the Frunk allows the lid to close securely with the wire snaked through but not crimping the wire. I do the same with my phone charger wire. Keeps the connections inside the Frunk, totally waterproof.
Oh wow, I thought it would be pinched off if the lid was closed. Good to know. Thanks

You might want to take a look at several videos I've made on accessorizing my NC.
Start with this one, which shows the fuse block install, and wiring the battery maintainer pigtail, heated clothing pigtail, and more.

Wow you are an electrical guy lol. At 11:42 in the vid I about freaked out at all those wires. The only electrical things I plan to add are the pigtail and a set of Oxford heated grips which will both hook directly to the battery.

really liked the pad on your sidestand. Who made that? That's worth a look at. BTW your voice is easy for me to hear and understand, unlike a lot of the NC 750 vids.

Oh wow, I thought it would be pinched off if the lid was closed. Good to know. Thanks
NOPE

Its is a cheap and elegant solution if keeping things simple is part of your goal. The SAE pigtail for my Battery Charger is direct wired to the battery. The plug for my heated gear is also direct wired to the battery. Both simply snake out of the battery compartment cover into the Frunk.

There is no rocket science needed.

When I want to charge my iPhone, or if I want to ride my my iPhone as my navigator I plug my SAE to USB adapter into my Battery Charger SAE pigtail I then snake iPhone wire out through the gasket and close the Frunk. The heated gear works the exact same way, but has its own dedicated pigtail. Both wires easily fit though the closed gasket while the Frunk remains sealed. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T catch with wire(s) into the latch.

If you want to add a lot of electrical gizmos to your bike then you may want to take a different route and add a fuse box, or one of the fancy smart electric distribution boxes.

NOPE

Its is a cheap and elegant solution if keeping things simple is part of your goal. The SAE pigtail for my Battery Charger is direct wired to the battery. The plug for my heated gear is also direct wired to the battery. Both simply snake out of the battery compartment cover into the Frunk.

When I want to charge my iPhone, or if I want to ride my my iPhone as my navigator I plug my SAE to USB adapter into my Battery Charger SAE pigtail I then snake iPhone wire out through the gasket and close the Frunk. The heated gear works the exact same way, but has its own dedicated pigtail. Both wires easily fit though the closed gasket while the Frunk remains sealed. JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T catch with wire(s) into the latch.

If you want to add a lot of electrical gizmos to your bike then you may want to take a different route and add a fuse box, or one of the fancy smart electric distribution boxes.
Yep, I like simple, being a simple man and all. I don't even need to charge my phone on the bike. I do that at home or in the hotel room at night. Just the pigtail for heated gear/maintaining the battery charge and heated grips going right to the top of the battery should do me.

Yep, I like simple, being a simple man and all. I don't even need to charge my phone on the bike. I do that at home or in the hotel room at night. Just the pigtail for heated gear/maintaining the battery charge and heated grips going right to the top of the battery should do me.
Well if you ever need to charge the phone you can get one of these things for US$10. Plugs into the battery tender's SAE socket. Its pretty simple. I use it if my phone is running as my navigation system on long rides.

dtn-081-0158_xl.jpg

Wow you are an electrical guy lol. At 11:42 in the vid I about freaked out at all those wires. The only electrical things I plan to add are the pigtail and a set of Oxford heated grips which will both hook directly to the battery.

really liked the pad on your sidestand. Who made that? That's worth a look at. BTW your voice is easy for me to hear and understand, unlike a lot of the NC 750 vids.
The side stand pad is a GIVI or Kappa product, available everywhere.
Part #'s are ES1111 for GIVI and ES1111K for the Kappa version. They are the same product.

I used a decent Canon camcorder to make my videos, and the fact that I have many years of tech teaching experience doesn't hurt either LOL.

in that first pic is that a piece of velcro epoxied to the pigtail?
That same pigtail was used on my Goldwing to hold the pigtail in place on the bike when I was riding.
It originally had the velcro adhesive holding the patch onto the pigtail, but that separated early on.
Hot glue did the trick.
On the NC, I don't need to attach the pigtail to the bike when riding.
I just tuck the pigtail into the gap between the black side cover and the engine.
There's lots of room in the gap, and the pigtail is out of the wind stream and rests in there securely.

Pigtails sticking out of the closed frunk for

obviously I would not normally have the battery tender wire sticking out but I wanted to show the Frunk can close with wires out

162D8F52-9134-49D4-87AA-9A867C5CA14B.jpeg

Last edited:
Sorry for the bad diction in my prior post, I stopped for lunch, saw your post, snapped a photo and tried to intelligently respond. Clearly the "tried to" part was accomplished but not the "intelligently" portion.

Normally when I ride in cool weather the heat cable is sticking out, usually near the left rear side of the frunk.

I would never normally ride with the Battery Tender cable sticking out as I plug the Battery Tender USB adapter into the Battery Tender's SAE socket. Then I plug the iPhone cable into the USB socket, all that remains inside the frunk. Snaked out of the Frunk would just be the slender iPhone cable out of the top edge of the frunk and leading up to the phone mount.

It is not an issue to have both the iPhone cable AND the heated gear cable out, while the Frunk is closed.

NOPE

Yep, my sae plug and my plug for my heated glove liners are in my trunk...both connected to my fuse block which is then connected straight to battery...close the battery component cover and then plug in the devices when needed....

I installed a pigtail by running the wire forward from the battery, around the airbox. It lives in the gap around the suspension, zip-tied to the frame so it won't interfere with any moving parts in the area. Mind you I only intend to use it for battery maintenance and my inflator if needed.

Where is a good place to run a battery pigtail lead out of on the NC 750 not only for battery maintenance but also for plugging in my Warm n Safe electric jacket liner for cold weather. Ideally it would be on the right hand side, up kinda high.
A little late to the question but I'm thinking you haven't yet got your bike so here goes ...

In times past, like most folks that do this, I've installed an SAE pigtail, usually in some out-of-the way place, more or less protected from the weather.

But the NC750 frunk allows for a different install. I suggest to you a bulkhead mount SAE plug installed where the Honda OEM 12V outlet would go, thusly
P5040648.JPG

You may not have seen these before but they're readily googleable. This connector (which I wire directly to the battery w/ a separate fuse but others would advocate a separate fuse/relay block - works OK either way) is readily available for battery charging, 12v compressor operation, or whatever and protected from weather etc.

I also use it to power my heated gear.

P5030649.JPG

Since my gear uses a bluetooth heat controller, all I need is a (smaller) fused 12 lead, which hangs down out of the way when not in use. I run it through through a small grommeted hole near the top left side of the frunk so it stays weatherproof, then aft and up the front of the seat for an easy connection. like so

P5030648.JPG

In the summer, I just pull the seat and coil the connecting wire and stow it out of sight below the seat tongue holder assy.

Back