• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Beemerphiles will be beemerphiles...

Beemerphile

#1 Elite
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, ah ams whats ah ams, I guess. Unless it fails the inspection or test ride, I just made a deal to purchase this item as a replacement for my 2004 R1150R. It is a 2013 R1200GS Rallye - the very last of the non water-cooled boxers. The R1150 will be spit shined and sold. Someone will get a very uniquely outfitted and well-maintained R1150 for a very good price, and I get to find out if the people who worked on this bike during its life had any mechanical aptitude.

I pick it up Saturday AM.

Rt side 2-16.jpg

Last edited:
Well, if anyone is capable of correcting ineptitude evinced by hapless hacks, I can't think of a better guy to overcome it with loving precision than you, Lee :D

Well, if anyone is capable of correcting ineptitude evinced by hapless hacks, I can't think of a better guy to overcome it with loving precision than you, Lee :D

Thanks, but it just pains me that there are so many clumsy clucks around and I always seem to buy bikes from them. I bought my 1992 R100RS out of a collection. It had spent 18 years static and had only had two maintenance interfaces in its 22 years. One of them was very bad - a guy with Popeye the Sailor Man forearms and NO torque wrench. I had to buy a set of used fork sliders because he had stripped the clamp bolts and there wasn't room to do a thread repair.

Are you going to Beemerphile farkle it or leave it stock?

What do you think?

Seriously, I am going to try to resist over-farkling it. It's mission profile will be essentially street. I don't need to throw the Touratech catalog at it because I am not going to do the kind of gnarly off-road riding that you do - my back won't stand for it. And I don't go to Starbucks. It has Jesse luggage with it, which I am not a fan of. I already have a set that I took off the R1150, so I will probably sell both sets and a set of Zega Pros for it - OK, that ONE Touratech item! Everything I own has a heated leather Russell seat and this one will be no different in that regard. I will likely '86 the Twisted Throttle Denali lights for a set of Rigid Duallys. Otherwise, I think there is not so much to do to it.

I used to keep bikes for four diffferent missions: touring, street, sport, and dirt. My body protests sport and dirt modes too much so they are out. I am left with only do-alls (well, except for the classic stuff). Occasionally I set out on "expeditions" like Alaska / Inuvik or Labrador / Newfoundland. The do-all needs to be able to navigate unpaved graded roads; needs to be relatively lightweight; and needs to be durable, comfortable, and dependable. The NC fits this mission profile pretty well (except when it DNF'ed a Labrador trip because of electrical gremlins!!!). So, there is one mission profile with two bikes that fit it. I guess one or the other is a spare. Maybe I just like a little diversity. Maybe someone who likes BMW's needs a Honda around to ride while the BMW is on the maintenance lift with its butt up in the air.

The Rally edition is a beauty. Congratulations !

Thanks. I was oscillating between the Rallye and the Triple Black. Everyone knows that BMW's are supposed to be black, but this one just seemed high class to me. My last GS was an R100GS/PD in the unlikely color combo of Teal and white. However, I liked it quite a lot.

a teal gs.jpg

This one kind of struck me the same way. At the time I bought the teal GS, there was a black one called the GS/PD Classic that everyone was nuts over just like the Triple Black today. So, I guess I made the same choice twice.

a gspd classic.jpg

Wow! That sure is a beautiful bike and it couldn't have found a better home. I will do my best to avoid the picture thread on this bike until I have better self control.

Good for you! I miss the flat boxers I've had. When it comes to carving through the switchbacks , no bike that I've had handled it so gracefully. Enjoy:).

Thanks. I was oscillating between the Rallye and the Triple Black. Everyone knows that BMW's are supposed to be black, but this one just seemed high class to me. My last GS was an R100GS/PD in the unlikely color combo of Teal and white. However, I liked it quite a lot.

View attachment 28629

This one kind of struck me the same way. At the time I bought the teal GS, there was a black one called the GS/PD Classic that everyone was nuts over just like the Triple Black today. So, I guess I made the same choice twice.

View attachment 28630

I had the black and yellow version of that R100Gs. It was the bike I put the most mileage on, ever. I wouldn't mind having it back.

I had the black and yellow version of that R100Gs. It was the bike I put the most mileage on, ever. I wouldn't mind having it back.

I've got that. I'll be presented with the same conundrum if a Teal and White '93 parades into the IBMWR Marketplace.

Back