• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Been a while!

MyLifeInAfrica

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys, ive been on this forum for about 5 years, but had to set aside riding for a few years due to injury.
Well … this weekend I got mobile again and straddled my 2013 NC700X DCT on an awesome off road ride of around 250km, in the South African Great Karoo. Dusty and cold as hell at 2degC - but I smiled all the way.
I have a ton of mods on my NC to make it off road friendly and I really took it to a few nasty places this weekend. Ive again realised why I love this bike so much. As a left leg amputee the DCT works out perfectly.
I attached two pics. One is a the view over the Karoo plains yesterday, the other my modified NC without the Kappa Bags fitted.
Just wanted to check in, thanks for all the news and suggestions on this platform, most of my questions and issues are covered here.
Cheers from Africa!

Attachments

• 92CD70E5-281A-4F5F-8C79-4317D7023E6C.jpeg
    92CD70E5-281A-4F5F-8C79-4317D7023E6C.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 35
  • B06750EF-B087-4F25-A165-76620B9481CE.jpeg
    B06750EF-B087-4F25-A165-76620B9481CE.jpeg
    7.1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:
That's excellent! I've been riding but away from the forums. Love what you have done with the bike! I have a rotopack gas can but no mount and it's sat idle seeing your bungee solution has inspired me to just bungee it on the next time I go on a long trip.

That's excellent! I've been riding but away from the forums. Love what you have done with the bike! I have a rotopack gas can but no mount and it's sat idle seeing your bungee solution has inspired me to just bungee it on the next time I go on a long trip.
Yeah, my gas can stood in my garage for a year or two, my plan was to fit a Rotopax clamp but the bungee does the job just the same.

BTW, I see you're from Austin TX? One of my best travel destinations, love the music scene there.

Back