• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Behold and chortle! (tailbag)

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

So my old leather-bottomed Jan Sport day pack from 2 or more decades ago has a new life as a tailbag until I figure out what I really want for a back rack and so forth. the straps and hanging loop run under the passenger seat and the straps connect all the way to the strap adjustments at the bottom of the pack, coming out at the back side corners of the seat. everything is pulled tight and zip-tied neatly so nothing is going anywhere of moving around much. Just as easy to fuel the machine as it was without it. 2400 miles with it so far...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/greenboy667/28886665586/in/album-72157671403283132/
28886665586_6ca42d6f2b_o.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
:D nice repurposing

For a few years, my top box was a soft sided 12 can beer/pop cooler I got at Canadian Tire for $11.99 on sale lol :eek:

I've thought about using two for panniers.
Nah, makes you look like your going to school.

So my old leather-bottomed Jan Sport day pack from 2 or more decades ago has a new life as a tailbag until I figure out what I really want for a back rack and so forth. the straps and hanging loop run under the passenger seat and the straps connect all the way to the strap adjustments at the bottom of the pack, coming out at the back side corners of the seat. everything is pulled tight and zip-tied neatly so nothing is going anywhere of moving around much. Just as easy to fuel the machine as it was without it. 2400 miles with it so far...

View attachment 30486

Great idea! Tie it under the seat so can fuel without removing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really, for carrying my camera and lenses, and the outer section of my Joe Rocket EgoIII and some colder-weather gloves, it's just enough. Only the frunk makes this possible ; }

Last edited by a moderator:
Back