• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bell Helmets: Profit Decline Leads to Layoffs and HQ Relocation

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since 1954, Bell Helmets has given us good lids for sound scoots – we ought to know, we’ve tested quite a few.

Unfortunately, what goes up must eventually come down. An uptick in the industry’s unavoidable operating expenses (combined with a big drop in gross profit for Bell’s parent company) has led to a plummet in Bell’s present well-being.

The result?

Bell's helmets in full test mode. Media sourced from Bell Helmets.Bell's helmets in full test mode. Media sourced from Bell Helmets.

Bell’s helmets in full test mode. Media sourced from Bell Helmets.A “$50 million cost reduction and earnings improvement program, which includes office closures, spending cuts… and headcount reductions across [Bell] brands and corporate teams.”

Coverage from RideApart tells us that a relevant U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing was submitted at the end of March, with notice that Bell’s headquarters would be shut down by September first and all remaining employees consolidated at Fox Headquarters in Irvine, California… courtesy of Bell’s parent company, Vista Outdoor Action Sports (Vista Outdoor).

Bell's helmets in full test mode. Media sourced from Bell Helmets.

Bell’s helmets in full test mode. Media sourced from Bell Helmets.

“We are accelerating the merger between Bell, Blackburn, Copilot, Fox, Giro, Krash, and Raskullz,” details Jeff McGuane, Vista Outdoor’s president.

“Plans are underway to unite our teams at the current Fox offices, which will soon be transformed into a revamped Innovation Center that unites our teams under one roof while honoring each brand’s culture and ethos, which are unique, valued, and untouchable.”

Bell’s helmets in full test mode. Media sourced from Bell Helmets.

“Elevated retail inventory levels, rising interest rates, and inflation” remain factors of Vista Outdoors’ performance, so nobody’s out of the woods yet; still, the SEC filing reminds us that “the merger [won’t] impact the separate brand identities under Vista Outdoor’s umbrella” – a relief, and one that has us curious for Vista’s next move with Bell Helmets.

*Media sourced from Bell Helmets*​

The post Bell Helmets: Profit Decline Leads to Layoffs and HQ Relocation appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

I have a Bell helmet that I really like. Its the one with the removable chin bar. After wearing it for a good time I noticed that the plastic coating on the neck cushion was cracked and pealing off the cloth underneath. It was still in warranty so I contacted Bell and requested a replacement cushion. To my surprise, they sent me a complete new helmet with two windscreens.

Back