• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Best Aftermarket Windscreen (Links to each for comparison)

Which Aftermarket Windscreen is best for the NC700x

• Total voters
Nice looking shields, but kind of pricey. I will wait until a brave soul on this forum ponies up the cash and makes a purchase and an evaluation of this screen. I have heard a lot of good words regarding the V-Stream on other bikes.
Hopefully this will be a very good screen for the NC700X!
Any details regarding the supplies support bracket(s)?
Looking forward to more information!

Got this update from National Cycle on their new windscreens

The shield are in production and will be ready for sale in about 2-3 weeks.

N20007 Sport Screen in dark tint 15.0" tall and 13.0" wide $217.95

View attachment 6404

N20008 Sport/Tour Screen is light tint. 18.50" tall and 14.37" wide $250.95

View attachment 6405

N20009 Touring Screen is clear. 22.0" tall and 16.0" wide $267.95.

View attachment 6406

All of the shield will come with a new support bracket and hardware needed to install the shield. The shields are made with 4.5mm thick FMR hard coated Polycarbonate. The shields come with our 3 Year Unbreakable Warranty.

Ok, I decided to go back and put pictures of each windscreen next to the link to the windscreen website, to make it easier to compare them for anyone thinking of upgrading their windscreen.

smileyshades.jpg

For me, the Parabellum was easy to install. The 22" works well for me at 6 feet tall and does not impair any steering at low speed either. At high speed it has held up well for chest protection against gusty winds.343.jpg

I think I have come to the conclusion that I may want to have 2 windscreens and a deflector.

I originally bought the Honda Touring screen because it was on a 25% off sale with free shipping. Once I got it I realized I was not going to be happy with it the way it was due to the buffeting. I bought the Wunderlich wind deflector and I have been very happy with the combination. I like that I still get good airflow to my arms for cooling in the warm weather riding months.

However I can tell that during the winter months I may want a bigger (wider) wind protection area than the Honda Touring screen is going to provide. That nice bit of wind cooling me in the summer will not be a welcome thing during the colder months.

So I find myself in the position of being in the market for a bigger windscreen. I think the Calsci is the obvious choice, but I will need to be assured that they have fixed the cracking issues they have had. Having the Honda Touring screen I have the mount that comes with it and I would hope that I would be able to use that with the Calsci and it would give it the added strength/support to keep the windscreen from cracking.

Does anyone by chance have the Calsci mounted with the Honda Touring mount?
smileyquestion.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone by chance have the Calsci mounted with the Honda Touring mount?

Not a Calsci but I've mounted a diy 24" 4.5mm thick polycarbonate screen on my Honda Touring mount. Works well for me at 5'8"

A7D55FDA-17EB-4303-937E-4739D1596670-433-0000003232662867_zps78b0c87f.jpg

Not a Calsci but I've mounted a diy 24" 4.5mm thick polycarbonate screen on my Honda Touring mount. Works well for me at 5'8"

A7D55FDA-17EB-4303-937E-4739D1596670-433-0000003232662867_zps78b0c87f.jpg

Looks nice! I can't really see the Honda touring bracket but it's probably the angle of the pic. Did you drill holes in your windscreen? Use the rubber grommets from the Honda touring screen?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Looks nice! I can't really see the Honda touring bracket but it's probably the angle of the pic. Did you drill holes in your windscreen? Use the rubber grommets from the Honda touring screen?

Looks like he painted the braket black. I did the same with mine before mounting the Honda Tall screen. Personally I think it looks better that way.

Looks like he painted the braket black. I did the same with mine before mounting the Honda Tall screen. Personally I think it looks better that way.

Yes, everything re-use and spray painted bracket matt black to blend in with meter.

That DIY shield looks nice ray.. I'm not as handy as that. I'm also a bit too cheap to jump for the Madstad despite the runaway praise it's garnered. I just ordered the Givi from Revzilla ($133 with free shipping) so I could shop for handguards with the $$ left over. I'll post what I think after I've got it mounted. Never had had a windshield before this bike but I'm hoping this will hold the weather back enough to ride through the winter. (Well, at least for those days where there's a chance of some clearing. ;-)

Any recommendations on handguards? I like the mx/adventure style like the barkbuster storm, for the added protection of the aluminum frame, but they seem pretty pricey. Wind & weather protection is my main goal here. I doubt I'll ever thread the nc down a woody single track..

Last edited:
Any recommendations on handguards? I like the mx/adventure style like the barkbuster storm, for the added protection of the aluminum frame, but they seem pretty pricey. Wind & weather protection is my main goal here. I doubt I'll ever thread the nc down a woody single track..
\

Here are some threads on handguards:

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/520-another-possible-scource-handguards.html

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-news/3253-new-handguards.html

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/679-acerbis-dual-road-handguards.html

And specifically fitting the DCT

http://nc700-forum.com/forum/nc700-mods/2658-handguards-dct.html

Has anyone with a Calsci windscreen mounted it to the Honda Touring support bracket?

I am thinking of getting a large Calsci for riding during the winter months. After reading about the cracking issues with the Calsci screens I wanted to see if it could be mounted to the Honda touring brackets as they go much higher up and would support it much better.
smileylightbulb.jpg

I am not sure if it would match the curve of the Calsci though... Anyone tried this yet?

smileyquestion.jpg

I wrote Calsci but they said they didn't know if it would work with the Honda Touring bracket. I told them if I got any information I would let them know.

Thanks netizen. Still haven't sprung for the handguards but the blockbusters and cycra full wrap/2point mounted style are looking the best to me. I figure I can work out clearance issues with the screen by shimming it out forward a few mm if need be. Like the new Givi screen, but I do notice the noise/buffering people mentioned. Still fiddling with it though.
I'll post pics soon

I'm a CTX700 (with fairing) owner with the stock, short windshield. Before my purchase I paid alot of attention to what folks had to say about the OEM screen and decided to wait for after market, as the tall OEM screen has mostly bad reviews, due to the fact that it pulls downward on one's helmet during highway riding. I had come to this thread and saw lots of good stuff about Cee Bailey, Puig, Madstad, and others just to get a sense about what manufacturers make good screens in general.

CTX700N (naked cruiser) owners have had one after market choice for about one month--Madstad. Everyone that has bought one that reports on that forum is happy with the Madstad screen. Madstad is in development with respect to the fairing model CTX.

CTX700 (fairing owners) have only recently been given an after market choice. Cee Bailey is first to market but no picture yet; comes in tented and clear, three different heights, and the option of a vent. Based on their write up about the bike and their screen, it looks like they've spent some time designing and producing a screen that addresses the problems reported on the stock screens. I'm going to wait it out a little while and see how each of these screens play out, but I think either of these manufacturers will produce a far superior screen to OEM. It depends on whether I decide: which is better--adjustable versus vented, price, and what other owners have to say about each screen once they are on the streets. Both use the same material and the same thickness.

Any comments about either choice or other manufacturers in a general sense are welcome.

Last edited:
It depends on whether I decide: which is better--adjustable versus vented, price, and what other owners have to say about each screen once they are on the streets. Both use the same material and the same thickness.

Any comments about either choice or other manufacturers in a general sense are welcome.

The only windscreens I have personal experience with are the stock Honda NC700X "fly" screen and my Madstad. BUT at first I was seriously considering going with a Cal Sci based mostly on their great motorcycle windshield information page:

Motorcycle Fairings and Windshields

But I was concerned that very few of the Cal Sci's reviewed well and had cracking issues. Cal Sci discusses (in the link above) how venting the screen reduces the low air pressure pocket behind it to eliminate some of the turbulent air flow. The Madstad design also vents air behind the screen, but then directs the vented air up behind the screen. It's my guess that's why the Madstad reviews better than a normally-vented windshield. Just my opinion -- I ain't no scientist or nuthin.

Back