• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Big overflow on fill up

Wleuthold

Reaction score
Visit site
I had been running almost 40 miles on the blinking bottom bar of the fuel gauge.

So I stopped to fill up the bike at an unfamiliar station on Hecksher Drive, along the north bank of the St. Johns River in Jacksonville.

Because I was interested in how much it would take, I was paying attention to the pump and not the nozzle or tank. I also had ear plugs in so I couldn't hear anything much.

As the pump went past 3 gallons I thought it was a bit much. When it went to 3.7 I finally looked down at the bike and saw Old Faithful gushing out the top. The pump never stopped like it has done on my Vespa for years and on the NC for the first three fill ups.

Now I have gas all over my shoes and pants legs. And on the side of the bike.

Now that it has cooled off, it is time for a wash.

Sooner or later we all do this. Why am I always a sooner? I guess it is because my grandpa's name was "Oklahoma". But he lived in Texas?

That sucks. The wife was probably saying "your not coming in the house smelling like that". Mine would have made me change in the garage.

This is going to screw your fuelly all up. LOL

Must have been the Gate at Heckscher and 9A. Gate usually maintains that station to a high standard..........but that is a bummer.

Did we meet at the BMW dealer last Saturday?

That sucks. The wife was probably saying "your not coming in the house smelling like that". Mine would have made me change in the garage.

This is going to screw your fuelly all up. LOL

I had a doctor's appointment and both assistants and the doctor mentioned the smell of gasoline. I haven't gotten home yet but I will hear it there too. Maybe just leave my pants at the back door.

As for Fuelly, it took 3.845 gallons. I am certain that at it started overflowing at less than 3. So I will adjust as the fuel on the ground did not contribute to my fuel mileage. It will work out as I get more good fill-ups.

Must have been the Gate at Heckscher and 9A. Gate usually maintains that station to a high standard..........but that is a bummer.

Did we meet at the BMW dealer last Saturday?

No, it was the Kangaroo Express east of the Blount Island entrance, on the north side of the road. No stop whatsoever on the pump handle.
And yes, that was me. We should plan a ride one of these days.

My favourite was CandyStripe's fueling video, with "Jack in the Box" surprise!

Made me jump, and then start coughing from laughing :D

Last edited:
Same happened to me. Don't think it was quite as much spilled fuel but it was still a mess and embarrassing. I never counted on the auto-shut off for my old bike. Not sure why I did on this one. Wont make that mistake again.

Back