• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Biggest moan so far

• Thread starter Deleted member 1183
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1183

Yesterday I purchased a set of OEM front brake pads for my NC. I was absolutely shocked to find that the price was slightly in excess of 70 euro, retail. Even after being given a reduction to 53 Euro they are still massively over priced.

This is a budget motorcycle and this one pair of pads is the single most expensive set I have ever purchased for any vehicle. Full stop. Three days ago I purchased a set (4 pads) of OEM pads for the rear wheels of my Toyota Rav. I have had the car since new in 2007 and there are 130,000 kms on it. The old pads still had a little life in them, but the cost for 4 OEM pads was 38 euro.

Does anyone know what is going on ? Budget bike, excessively expensive basic servicing parts. I have no problem using spurious pads on the rear brake, but I always use originals on the front of any bike that I own. There are approximately 22,000 kms on this front set. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I have the NC700X.

The three different EBC front pads full retail are between $32.00 to $ 38.95 for the NC700X.

The ABS brake pads are not the same pads. I have not checked the ABS pads price.

Last edited:
The ABS bikes with combine brakes have the expensive pads. Honda changed the brakes for the NC750 ABS to a non combine braking system for 2014 and the brakes pad price dropped. If you can fine a good quaility aftermarket pads use those. Most manufactures outsource brake pads so in reality your buying aftermarket brake pads. I wonder who the manufacture would be?

It's not apples-to-apples when you compare the price of auto parts vs motorcycle parts. They might make 100-200k of one model of car vs 1/10 of that, or less, for a motorcycle model so naturally a manufacturer placing an order for brake pads with a supplier will get a much better break on the order for auto pads.

Yesterday I purchased a set of OEM front brake pads for my NC. I was absolutely shocked to find that the price was slightly in excess of 70 euro, retail. Even after being given a reduction to 53 Euro they are still massively over priced.

This is a budget motorcycle and this one pair of pads is the single most expensive set I have ever purchased for any vehicle. Full stop. Three days ago I purchased a set (4 pads) of OEM pads for the rear wheels of my Toyota Rav. I have had the car since new in 2007 and there are 130,000 kms on it. The old pads still had a little life in them, but the cost for 4 OEM pads was 38 euro.

Does anyone know what is going on ? Budget bike, excessively expensive basic servicing parts. I have no problem using spurious pads on the rear brake, but I always use originals on the front of any bike that I own. There are approximately 22,000 kms on this front set. :mad: :mad: :mad:

How much of that was VAT?

Perhaps return them and buy some Galfer or EBC-HH pads?

Ok, I generally purchase OEM pads for the front of any bikes I have owned. My point is that I have never paid this much for one set of pads, ever, on any bike, even the GL1800, which also had combined and ABS braking system ! Someone is taking the mickey with a price like that quoted above. Again, I stress that this is a budget motorcycle aimed at economy. What one saves on petrol is spent on bloody brake pads !

Back