• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bike knocked over by truck, sticky throttle

2wheeledJim

Reaction score
Visit site
So this afternoon whilst I was enjoying a crap haircut at the barbershop, my motion sensor alarm alerts my phone that my bike is in motion... I remember from my training this should never happen to a parked motorcycle. So I ran outside to find 3 police officers standing around my bike!

At first I was thinking about theft, but one of them quickly informs me he's just stood my bike up after a cement mixer lorry knocked it over driving past - a local resident had phoned the police and they were even faster on scene than me.

Anyway, my right Knight Design peg was snapped (f***) and there was damage to the front brake lever. Also the throttle is now sticky and stiff, and doesn't release naturally.

photo1657917076.jpeg

Does anyone know whether the brake lever part changed much between versions? This one looks promising but it doesn't actually claim to fit a 2013 NC700XA.
I reckon I can figure out the sticky throttle with an allen key and some fiddling but any tips welcome!

wow, I'd of thought the KD pegs would have been more robust. I've emailed them in the past, because I was concerned that they weren't strong enough for me to stand up (I weigh 350 pounds) KD never answered my e-mail, so now I know.

Funnily enough they never replied to my email when I originally purchased them. But I was really happy with the pegs once I installed them. And I emailed them about ordering just a single peg after this incident and they were great.
Not sure I'd hold it against them that they snapped in this instance. My NC weighs 500lb and was knocked over by a truck square on from being on the centre stand:confused:

Wow, real bummer about the bike. Sorry to hear. That lever looks to be the correct shape, but it's just a 3rd party generic one and might not be as durable.

I would see how much an OEM lever costs. Another thing to note is that the 2014 NC700X lever will fit the 2013, and is an adjustable brake lever, which i find very useful for making it easier to cover the brake riding in traffic.

Wow, real bummer about the bike. Sorry to hear. That lever looks to be the correct shape, but it's just a 3rd party generic one and might not be as durable.

I would see how much an OEM lever costs. Another thing to note is that the 2014 NC700X lever will fit the 2013, and is an adjustable brake lever, which i find very useful for making it easier to cover the brake riding in traffic.
Thanks for the tip. Looks like the adjustable one is only a few quid more expensive too.

It looks to be the correct shape (for the 'right' side lever). For that price and shipping from China, it is probably not genuine OEM. I am seeing £45-55 for the OEM handles shipped from UK. Should be fine, though, if you don't mind a long ship time. I run an aftermarket Chinese handle for my clutch.

Looks like I paid $31.96 USD for my brake lever back in 2018 when I had to replace it, and prices have gone up quite a bit since then.

I ended up bending the original back in a vice too, pretty soft alloy as it turns out. Although I did see one youtuber snap his brake lever doing this so bear this in mind. Fwiw this one fits a 2013 NC700 XA (delivered and returned after I repaired the bent one)

Back