• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bike Shopping

seadog

Reaction score
Visit site
I am a senior citizen and my ride is a 2020 Suzuki 650 V-Strom that I have put 9,000 miles on. I don't go off road, just use it for touring.
It is a great motorcycle, but, it is starting to feel heavy.I am looking for a lower center of gravity motorcycle.
My before motorcycle was a CTX700 that I should not have sold.
2020 NC750x and 2021 NC750x are close to the same price. I do my own work and have not changed brake fluid on ABS. I no nothing about the throttle on the 2021 fly by wire.
Is there any major reasons to pick one over the other besides ABS and color?

Seat height if you are not tall. The seat height on the 2021 is lower than the 20. Gearing is also different. The frunk is bigger. All the lights are led.

Changing, adding or maintaining brake fluid on a bike with ABS vs non-ABS will essentially be the same. For me, for a daily rider or touring bike ABS is a must have feature.

I too am an “experienced” rider (since 67). The NC will feel a LOT lighter than a V Storm and it carries its weight very low. I got rid of my 18 Tiger just because of the top heavy feel.

Is there any major reasons to pick one over the other besides ABS and color?

I have an acquaintance who is 81. He has bad knees and needs dct because of an old injury. He previously put high mileage on an early NC700X DCT, followed by an early NC750X DCT. He then moved to a CB500F for the reasons You quoted.

He is now back on a 21 NC750X. He is happy again. Lower seat height is one reason why he is happy with the 21. Despite shorter suspension he also prefers that aspect. He also likes that You can tailor the gear change to your own spec. Either way these motorcycles carry their weight low down. My version is the same weight as an Africa Twin, yet You would never know that.

Imho, from what my friend has told me, go for the 21.

I found a 2022 manual and bought it. I haven't picked it up yet, too much snow and ice.
Now a question.
On the 2021 & 2022's Is everyone finding an SAE pigtail in the frunk standard equipment from the factory?

The battery pigtail is a dealer installed item.
I didn’t ask for a pigtail, but when I got my bike home from the dealer there it was.
And I wasn’t charged for it either.
Those SAE pigtails are a $5 retail item, so they probably cost the dealer less than $2.
As a matter of fact the first thing I did was remove the SAE pigtail and replace it with a CTEK pigtail to match my CTEK chargers.

My 2021 didnt come with a battery tender pigtail, but it was the first thing I added and use it every day for my battery tender jr or my electric jacket liner wnen it's cold.

My wife's bike came with the SAE pigtail. Perhaps the dealers like an easy and inexpensive way to to keep batteries topped off if they don't sell for a few weeks.

Back