• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Biketoberfest next weekend

Spaceteach

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like the dates for Biketoberfest in Daytona are the 18th through 20th this month. For the last few years it has been mostly a Harley party, but there are usually still quite a few venders with interesting stuff for other bikes. I'll probably go up one or two of the days just to see what's going on at the Speedway, Destination Daytona and Beach Street.
Anyone else planning on attending?

Bob

Thanks for the welcome, Happy. I guess it would be a long (and very wet!) ride for you. I'll be sure and have a beer for you while I'm there. The bad news is it will be American beer.

Bob

American what?

There is no real beers in America....all watered down yellowish liquids.

If you want a real lager, come to Europe, where we have all the real stuff from Germany, Austria, and some even say UK.
:p

American what?

There is no real beers in America....all watered down yellowish liquids.

If you want a real lager, come to Europe, where we have all the real stuff from Germany, Austria, and some even say UK.
:p

Sad, but true. I fell in love with German beer when I was there in the Army. Went there before legal drinking age in the US. When I came back I was of age and very disappointed with the American beer selection. There are some good micro brews though that probably don't make it overseas. So all the rest of the world sees of American beer is Budwiser aka ( Buttwiper ):p

Budweiser is initially and actually the name of a Hungarian very good beer. How on earth that name travelled across the pond and got to stand as a name for that slusch you got is a mystery ;-)

Sad but true Happy! When I was in the Air Force I periodically conducted some training in Germany. Those folks know how to make great beer. The best critique of American beer I've heard was from a British comedy group (Monty Python). In a skit one of their troup said American beer was like making love in a canoe (expletive deleted close to water).

Bob

I usually go on Saturday and check out the demo bikes or the vendors down at south Daytona (Sun Plaza ??). The rest is just excess of tits, tats, and loud bikes ridden slowly.

Dave,
I think you're talking about Sunshine Plaza. The vendors there usually have a lot of Gold Wing goodies and Sierra Electronics is usually set up there.
I figured this time I would go up to Harley World (Destination Daytona) and see if there were any folks there that do seat modifications. During bike week there usually are a few so I'm hoping there may be someone there that can make the NC seat a little more bearable (it's a long shot, but I'll give it a try).
I'll also go to the Speedway and check out the vendors there, and if my Harley Owners Group membership is still current, ill probably go to the HOG pin stop on Beach Street.
Either way, it's a good excuse to go for a ride.

Bob

What perfect weather we are having here in Sunny FL for Biketoberfest and the Gun Show here in Melbourne, FL.

If you have any luck up there with the SEAT in Daytona Bob. Please share with us ASAP!

Bob,
No joy to report on the seat search at Biketoberfest. The only seat folks I found were Mustang and Ultimate and their product lines are seriously lacking in applications for the NC.
I've decided to go with Sargent for the seat fix. I'm working up a Custom Seat order to include new foam, re-shaping to include widening and dishing, and re-covering the rider seat. I think I'll probably have them do a matching cover for the pillion seat while I'm at it. I'll post the results once its done.

Bob

Bob,
No joy to report on the seat search at Biketoberfest. The only seat folks I found were Mustang and Ultimate and their product lines are seriously lacking in applications for the NC.
I've decided to go with Sargent for the seat fix. I'm working up a Custom Seat order to include new foam, re-shaping to include widening and dishing, and re-covering the rider seat. I think I'll probably have them do a matching cover for the pillion seat while I'm at it. I'll post the results once its done.

Bob

Bob,
Before you go with Sargent please look at my post in the mods section.

Back