• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bit the bullet and ordered my custom seat.

ld_rider

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, after 30,000+ miles on the NC I'm tired of the sheepskins, beads, bicycling shorts, different pegs, etc, etc and ordered a custom, made for me saddle.

I plan on keeping this bike for at least 200,000 more miles so the additional cost of a custom ($420) seat isn't all that hard to take. Well, that is my rationalization anyway ;-)

For everyday riding/commuting I found the stock seat (with a set of beads) not all that hard to take. If all I was using the NC for was my daily 56 mile commute or for shorter pleasure rides I would have stayed stock for sure (and put the $$ towards 9,000 miles of fuel!).

Butt...I still do one or two long trips a year and after my 2015 journey (when I actually got blisters and callouses) I was so sore it was unbearable.

My production date isn't until April so it will be awhile before I can report on whether I blew $400 or not (fingers crossed).

Last edited:
yea, that's the problem with a new saddle whether or not it is custom or off the shelf. you never know how its going to be until you try it.

I ordered a Russell Day Long saddle, black vinyl with a black basket weave insert in the area where I sit. I'm hoping the basket weave will keep things a bit cooler. I'll be sending my seat out to them in April and two weeks later I should have it back. Mtiberio....what you posted is my fear..

I went with vinyl for durability, I don't see me babying this motorcycle and when I spoke to the people at Russell's they agreed that for my type of riding the lower cost vinyl will be fine.

I hope I made the right choice and my due dilligence pays off!

Last edited:
did you have to send them your current seat so they could build theirs on your seat pan?

Yes, that is why I waited until we had about 45 inches of snow on the ground and there would be no riding for awhile. Where I live we get snow storms through the month of March and even in April there is usually some snow days.

Why the heck do I even live here? ;-)

I have a production "slot" and they will need my seat no later than May 2nd. I will pack it up and send out a couple of days before then. Two weeks later I will get it back...The only thing left from my original seat will be the pan...I'm ok with the two week wait even though it will cut into my riding season. I should have pulled the trigger back in the beginning of January and I would have had the seat back by the beginning of April...

I am thinking about doing the same (Daylong) with leather inserts. Let us know how it goes! I don't mind a 2 week wait.
(However, this seasons major upgrades for me are going to be fore and aft suspension parts ($1000+) and if there's money left, a $600+ seat after that. :))

Back