Blackforrest: You can actually see my NCX and me in this video

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Do you LIKE this?
Taken by my friend with his GoPro Hero2 Full HD.
I also found out how to add music via Youtube. :p
[video=youtube_share;ggLmn4rr954]http://youtu.be/ggLmn4rr954[/video]

Last edited:

SuperMek

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bikeroads!
Nice and inspiring video.
By Blackforrest you mean Schwarzwald I guess?
Do you live in the german speaking part of Switzerland?

This past weekend I rode 1200 km in rain and cold (about 5 degrees plus) to do a 250 km dirt road endeavour. We are talking about dirt, gravel, sand, small rocks and mud together with everything a forrest can produce. It was high speed performance and the NT did very very well indeed! Video is coming soon.

Poot

Reaction score
Awesome video! You live in such beautiful country! Wait until you start seeing some videos posted here from the USA in a couple of months, would be hard to find that kind of riding, at least in the North Eastern USA.

BuffaloBill

Reaction score
WOW! Great video and even better ride! Thanks for sharing the county side with us through this very cool ride!

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you all for your compliments, my friends. Yes it is Schwarzwald aka Black Forrest. We had a good time, it was 5 hours in total. I live in Zurich area, near Zug. I enjoy riding but only for leisure and not really for commuting. So far, I clocked up 1400km on the NCX and she had her first service. I am still happy with the performance and light-weight chassis. Looking forward to viewing your videos or photos here.

Azer

Reaction score
Lovely video.. Now I want a GoPro Hero2 also :)

Last edited:

Azer

Reaction score
Awesome video! You live in such beautiful country! Wait until you start seeing some videos posted here from the USA in a couple of months, would be hard to find that kind of riding, at least in the North Eastern USA.
Try the North Western part then :)

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Lovely video.. Now I want a GoPro Hero2 also :)
WRONG!:p
You need to get your riding buddy to buy one and film YOU...

Me? I used my daughter's 70chf Digital Canon A2200 (14Mpix)? It is also full HD FYI. It works too.

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny I didn't see you Joe, I was looking for a jolly old man in red! But it was inspiring video and awesome use of musical background I must say. I did note in a couple of the corners you leaned out instead of in. Look carefully! :rolleyes:

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Funny I didn't see you Joe, I was looking for a jolly old man in red! But it was inspiring video and awesome use of musical background I must say. I did note in a couple of the corners you leaned out instead of in. Look carefully! :rolleyes:
Depending on the speed and angle of "attack", I do lean in or out. Leaning out is also called counter-steering, and learning this technique can sometimes save you from being sandwiched (at high speeds).
This bike is so ergonomically "good" to me, I can lean in or out, put out my legs, etc....go (feel) with the force...like Yoda taught me...

FlaNC700X

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Joe, I'm no expert but counter steering has little to do with lean out in a corner. It is something you may do before the initial corner. But just an observation, nothing to get serious about.

happy

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Joe, I'm no expert but counter steering has little to do with lean out in a corner. It is something you may do before the initial corner. But just an observation, nothing to get serious about.
Sure, no problem. It just shows that this bike is so manuevable. You can lean in or out, easy.:p