• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

blinker replacement

serge

Reaction score
Visit site
I did a few things on this bike but it seems the most challenging project will be a turn signal replacement ;)
abf5d71d48bc79b6ec394c426466c8ec.jpg

Honda OEM blinker is $60 which is insane - tax for stupidity i guess ;)

I got two for $15 from Ebay but they are LED ones, so i may have to replace both ..

You should change both. You will, most likely, have to fit ballast resistors to stop them flashing at an insane rate. before you take everything apart, see if you can just "hook them up" dry and check the flash rate

it looks like all the plastic have to come out if one believes the book

well, I took all the plastic off but the ebay LED blinkers do not fit the mount - the bolt is too short!

it does have the same thread as the bolts for the fairing though..

that is how i was riding it for a while ;)IMG_6432.JPG

I have been considering flush mounts just to reduce the likelihood of stupidity catching up with me somewhere on the road.... what say ye?

cool,
cool but why,
or
puts them too close together and makes you less visible?

Think there’s is a Pretty good reason there is FMVSS standard on the distance between the turn signal lights.

My google-fu is week, I looked through 10 pages of topics on the NHTSA site and couldn't find the standard...... do you happen to have a link?

Thanks Greg. I went out and measured. If one were to put the flush mounts on the extreme outer edges of the frunk/fake vent plastics they would be really close to the required 16" spacing, but wouldn't be any more "protected" than where they are now. There would be no stems to break, but the lenses themselves would be vulnerable.

Guess I will leave well enough alone.

the "blinker" black box is on the left side under the "tank" plastic.
Fitting the blinkers (and other lights) with resistors work, but it seems like it would be cleaner just to replace the "flash" unit with one that can tolerate LED bulbs.

I have been considering flush mounts just to reduce the likelihood of stupidity catching up with me somewhere on the road.... what say ye?

cool,
cool but why,
or
puts them too close together and makes you less visible?

I was looking into that as well but then one would have to replace rear blinkers for the symmetry and ditch factory stop light ;) and i actually like how the tail looks ;)

the distance btw blinkers is one thing but even if the flush blinkers would be enough apart they still would be less visible since illuminated area would be much smaller ..

I am running emergency flashers when lane-splitting like many riders do in bay area ..

I am running emergency flashers when lane-splitting like many riders do in bay area ..

Never seen that done here in So-Cal. For me, I need the turn indicators occasionally to get out of the "lane split" lane when faster riders approach. It seems good manners to let faster riders go by... but I'm officially off topic now... sorry.

well, I got a pair of blinkers from Amazon advertised to fit NC. They are W bulb type, but the bolt is also shorter than the stock (the one on the left). I guess i have to cut Honda rubber grommet.

I found there is an interesting option on webike which apparently switch from white running lights to yellow turn signal ..

ODAX : White Position LED Blinker Kit [OXS-WYB001H-S]

IMG_6430.JPG

Last edited:
Back