• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Blinking brake light mod?

Just removed my tail light after seeing the nuts holding it tucked way in there while trying to wrestle the rear side plastics off without breaking them. Luckily I didn't break them yet after finding almost no info on getting the newer nc750x plastics off.

Does anyone know of a plug and play option or replacement blinking entire brake light that will fit my bike (2020)
I'd rather not have a soldered mess of wires tucked under rear seat if I can avoid it.

Does anyone know of a plug and play option or replacement blinking entire brake light that will fit my bike (2020)
I'd rather not have a soldered mess of wires tucked under rear seat if I can avoid it.
Pretty much every part that fits a 2016/17/18/19 will fit a 20. Some of the early years in this generation didn't have LED or Traction Control, but as far as pretty much everything else, if you can find that the blinking assembly works with a 2018, then it will work with a 19 and a 20.

Just removed my tail light after seeing the nuts holding it tucked way in there while trying to wrestle the rear side plastics off without breaking them. Luckily I didn't break them yet after finding almost no info on getting the newer nc750x plastics off.

Eastern Beaver sells a custom made harness that plugs into the tailight connector. You can order this accessory with wire pigtails to connect to any additional brakelight. If you have small fingers, posi taps will do the same thing. I suggest a Whelen TIR-3 lighthead with red LED’s. It fits perfectly over where the rear reflector is mounted. The TIR3 is also programmmable. They are sold on Amazon, eBay, or online from countless safety supply houses. Almost every emergency vehicle, fire truck, and police car use Whelen equipment

To actually see my Whelen brake light in action, have a look at my youtube video here:

Last edited:
As long as it goes steady after a few flashes it’s legal. Modules on Amazon are inexpensive and easy to hide.
I left the bikes brake light alone and added a red led light bar to the rack. I have this one on the flasher

I've had installed the Skene P3 rear lights on my last two NCs. Very happy with them. Multiple flashing patterns to choose from, very bright, part of my "conspicuity trifecta of P3s, yellow Denali D4s on the front, and hi-viz helmet.

As long as it goes steady after a few flashes it’s legal.
Maybe in your neck of the woods but not in mine.
I’m not speculating either.
My last bike with exactly the setup you described and it failed its safety and was unable to be registered until the flasher module was removed or disabled.

Referring to the bicycle warning light reference. I have never seen a solid red bicycle rear light. They always flash red.
I never use my bicycle lights on flashing modes in the dark. Only the daytime. Flashers tend to distract and annoy, and in my experience cause target fixation.

I've never seen a rear (or front) bicycle light that was sold with only a strobe setting. I worked in a bicycle shop for several years.

Back