• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bolt ons and gained HP.

I have started looking for some large ammo cans to replace my panniers lately. If they can't handle a fall, then they won't work.

I have started looking for some large ammo cans to replace my panniers lately. If they can't handle a fall, then they won't work.

You know it's scary how much we think alike sometimes! LOL I've been starting to research that as a hopefully cheaper alternative to the off the shelf options out there. I need some more storage but $700 for some panniers is a bit much.

You know it's scary how much we think alike sometimes! LOL I've been starting to research that as a hopefully cheaper alternative to the off the shelf options out there. I need some more storage but $700 for some panniers is a bit much.

I run 50 cal ammo cans on my hack and they work great,thats what will go on the X.
6y5eme4a.jpg

pe9a3yha.jpg

ge9a6egy.jpg

Around here they are about $25 each in good condition with NEW seals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every time you show that GS800 it brings back great memories. I gave mine to my brother in law, Fred, to ride. A few years later, he died of cancer. My sister in law then asked if she could give the GS800 to Fred's nephew, who had just graduated from MMI and had no transportation to and from his new job at the Honda shop in Cajun country. To be a true Cajun you have to live south of I-10, otherwise fake Cajun. That GS is still, some 10 years later, going back and forth to work in Cajun country. Great Bike!0.jpg

smileyelderly.jpg

00.jpg

Last edited:
I run 50 cal ammo cans on my hack and they work great,thats what will go on the X.
6y5eme4a.jpg

pe9a3yha.jpg

ge9a6egy.jpg

Around here they are about $25 each in good condition with NEW seals.

Cool! Those must be the Navy versions of the .50 cal boxes. The .50cal ones we had in the Army weren't the big. I've been eye balling some 20mm boxes on flea bay for about the same price.

...I gave mine to my brother in law, Fred, to ride. My sister in law then asked if she could give the GS800 to Fred's nephew...

Okay, I'm no good at figuring out how these things work, but shouldn't one of them not be an "in law" or is it more complicated, somehow? lol

Okay, I'm no good at figuring out how these things work, but shouldn't one of them not be an "in law" or is it more complicated, somehow? lol

Lane, What do you call your wife's sister's, your sister-in-law's, husband if not brother-in-law?

Cool! Those must be the Navy versions of the .50 cal boxes. The .50cal ones we had in the Army weren't the big. I've been eye balling some 20mm boxes on flea bay for about the same price.

I was told thats what they are but I'm not a gun guy so I have no Idea,maybe 50mm??.
Thay are about the same size as most alum panniers.

As tweak89 stated, changing the muffler by itself does very little for performance, but it sounds cool.

I have the K&N air filter in my bike, and honestly I can not see any performance difference. I am just cheap, and this filter can be cleaned every 12,000 miles instead of buying a new one.
if you are going to wait until 12k to clean a K&N, then you might as well just keep on riding. the filter will have long been dried out and the damage done.

I was thinking of the 20 mm also. A friend told me where I can get some reasonably priced.
LBS,, You crack me up!!

Every time you show that GS800 it brings back great memories. I gave mine to my brother in law, Fred, to ride. A few years later, he died of cancer. My sister in law then asked if she could give the GS800 to Fred's nephew, who had just graduated from MMI and had no transportation to and from his new job at the Honda shop in Cajun country. To be a true Cajun you have to live south of I-10, otherwise fake Cajun. That GS is still, some 10 years later, going back and forth to work in Cajun country. Great Bike!

Ditto that. I owned a GS850G from 1982 until 1998. It was a mighty fine bike, with a very comfy seat. It's still around running strong, on at least it's third owner.

I still recall a magazine test on the 850, probably Cycle or CycleWorld. The last line of the article summed it all up. It said, "One thing is for sure. If you're headed somewhere on the GS850G and you're not enjoying the ride, you can't blame it on the bike!"

Greg

Ditto that. I owned a GS850G from 1982 until 1998. It was a mighty fine bike, with a very comfy seat. It's still around running strong, on at least it's third owner.

I still recall a magazine test on the 850, probably Cycle or CycleWorld. The last line of the article summed it all up. It said, "One thing is for sure. If you're headed somewhere on the GS850G and you're not enjoying the ride, you can't blame it on the bike!"

Greg

I have had 4 GS850's and of the 40+ bikes I have had the GS seat is the best !!!.

The GS850 seat is also lockable, and fliped open. Not to put in gas, but to get to the tool kit. It is also wide, so my hide does fit it.2.jpg

SmileySmuck.jpg

Last edited:
if you are going to wait until 12k to clean a K&N, then you might as well just keep on riding. the filter will have long been dried out and the damage done.

K&N's can go fifty thousand miles between cleanings. Twelve thousand is nothing for them. At 30k the filter is still oily, and can get all over you when taking it out of the vehicle.

K&N's can go fifty thousand miles between cleanings. Twelve thousand is nothing for them. At 30k the filter is still oily, and can get all over you when taking it out of the vehicle.

I'll surely catch crap for this, but logic tells me that a filter that can go 50,000 miles between cleanings isn't catching very much dirt.

Back