• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Boosterplug now with practical experience

jangermann

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes I know this has been up before, and now it is up again :)

I own the 750X DCT. I was a bit unhappy because in the D mode the DCT shifts to 6 gear at 63kmt, and at that speed I felt it was running uneven and not very smooth. Until now I have in the city run it in sport mode or constantly shifted down.

We have a local group of NC's and a lot of the guys is running with the Boosterplug and are very impressed with it. I was a bit skeptical and thought that this might be like "I think I can feel a difference but I am not sure" or "I feel a difference because I just spend 160USD and have to convince myself that this actually work". Well it was NOT like that.

I got it installed and it is day and night compare to stock. Especially when running with low revs is just runs so much smoother. I have now traveled a lot of km's and my conclusion is that I should for sure have done that mod from the very start. I am on my 3'rd NC and the 2 before that had the same "problem" in low revs. Well I now only run in D mode also in the city, and just enjoy the smooth ride.

Compared with the cheap resistor tuning on Ebay the Boosterplug is a temperature compensated fine tuned resistor telling the ECU that it is colder than it actually is, and therefor it runs richer.

Just for the record, there is a lot of skeptic writing about this sort of "tuning" and a lot of wise guys who have no practical experience, but only repeats other wise guys with no practical experience. NO the ECU will not over time discover that a boosterplug has been installed and revert to normal mixture, the ECU just think is running in cold conditions no magic here, and it do not "learn" anything. Also it will not transform to a Chevrolet Camaro.

Here is a link to Boosterplug: Detailed explanation on the BoosterPlug

I have NO shares in Boosterplug, but just want to share some practical experience and maybe other NC owners can benefit of this.

Thanks for sharing your experience with the product, jangermann. I’m glad you’re happy with it!

For normal riding the fuel milage is the same. I have not noticed any change.
I think the mixture is richer only at low rpm so I guess that with a lot of city driving there will be a slight increase.

For normal riding the fuel milage is the same. I have not noticed any change.
I think the mixture is richer only at low rpm so I guess that with a lot of city driving there will be a slight increase.

The documentation says : BoosterPlug, you will get a 6% richer mixture regardless of the temperature conditions you're riding in.
No mention of any ability to change mixture at low rpm or city driving.

Yes thats what the document says.
And my practical experience is 28.3km/l on my last 300km with boosterplug installed. Same as before installing it.
Therefor I think the ECU only use the input from the temperature sensor at low rpm but that only what I think and also make sence in my head.

No comment on your practical experiences so far.
The ECU does not disregard the air temp sensor other than if it’s missing it uses a preset value. So it’s it not able to enrich across the temperature range by 6% and then revert to old mixture settings. Keep us posted on the long evaluation of the boostplug on the MPG.

The other choice is the 02 sensor is just trimming the mixture back to the ECU setting.

It would be fun to have several NC setup with and without the boostplug......then.........Have riders identify the bikes with the modifications.

Last edited:
I went to their website and read the entire article/description/inner workings on the BoostPlug. What a great device. It is a benefit in may ways and looks like it would cure a lot of the little idiosynchronicities of our beloved bikes. Also noted, that when we, or the bike is in a level or constant throttle position the BoostPlug benefits are not needed thus allowing normal operations of the ECU return. Once the throttle position is even slightly changed, the BoostPlug instantly engagues and it's benefits return. It was a great read, my hat is off to it's developers, well done!

Now if they'll make one that squeezes every last vapor of fuel out of one for better mpg's...i'll buy that one!! :{)

I have really NOT noticed that it use more fuel after installing the Boosterplug. If it does it is really not much. I still go 27-29km/l just like before.
I can not discuss how the ECU is programed and when it uses the input from the sensor. I can only guess but dont have a clue

But I can for sure tell that it works and it also works for all the other NC owners in our local group.

But I can for sure tell that it works and it also works for all the other NC owners in our local group.

The problem is the placebo effect is so strong after you drop $160 on a resistor and few connectors.
There is long history of these devices over 20 years. These guys try to make theirs slightly different ( at least by explanation and some documentation) but........the independent testing of all these devices over many vehicle types is not great. That’s why the double blind test ride would be so interesting.

Does it bother anyone, just a little that every bike in their catalog gets the same treatment ?

The one that bothers me the most. The VFR1200X has a very sensitive throttle ( too responsive for some ) . The first benefit of the boostplug they list on VFR is the throttle response. The VFR sensitivity is NOT a mixture problem.

This not the first or last discussion on the air intake temperature sensor mod.

Placebo effect?? You mean the thing I descriped in my first post? Yes I was affraid it would come to this :-(

Showkey do you have practical experince regarding the booster plug?

Forget it. Im out of this tread.

This is an interesting topic!

While I haven't changed anything on my recently purchased 2014 700x, I have prior experience with the feel of "lean" running EPA compliant motorcycles from owning two Moto Guzzi's.

Both suffered from noticeable lite surging below 4000 rpm. They also tended to run on the hot side of normal. To correct this issue you could: 1. unplug the oxygen sensors and put the bike into an open loop condition, thus enriching the injection program. 2. A couple of suppliers sold resistors to install in the oxygen sensor electrical lines, thus signaling the computer that the bike was running too lean and richening up the injection sequence. 3. You could access the bikes computer through share-ware "free" software and adjust your bikes injection sequence (a dangerous move for the uninformed!). 4. (The safe and clean method) You could hook your bike up to your laptop and flash in a modified fuel injection MAP from a couple of independent developers who have developed fuel injection mapping profiles based upon the common changes people made to their bikes (exhaust, air breather systems, etc.) Huge difference in how the bike ran afterwards! Smoother, cooler, quicker and a minor decrease in fuel economy. The one thing these all did was turn off the low speed feedback information from the oxygen sensors, so the bikes no longer adjusted their fuel injection to a lean and hot running condition at lower RPM's and ran a little richer below 4000 RPM (which was in the closed loop rpm profile for MG's)

From what I can determine, the Booster Plug is basically doing the same thing with just more real-time temperature Information and not totally turning off the oxygen sensors. Since all modern bikes run the same lean conditions at lower RPM's, the same fix should work for all of them!

Last edited:
I'm wondering if there's any bias with the OP's promotion of this miracle plug. Says he owns no shares in the company, but that's an odd way to say you aren't affiliated. Maybe his review is legit. Product sounds too good to be true, which means it probably is. If it was legit, it certainly would be worth the money.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

If it works by enriching the mixture then it will burn more fuel. No magic there.

If the "it's the same" mpg calculation mentioned is one or a few tanks or looking at the dash indicator then that is not very accurate. One must average across many tanks or get really methodical about calculating fuel burn to get meaningful data.

But in the end, so what? He says it works and fixes his problem. It's his money and his machine.

I take a cheaper approach and use D, S, and override with paddles as necessary if I feel the engine is uncomfortable under load of the moment.

These are only posted in jest and in recollection of times gone by:

Last edited:
I'm still in the learning phase, but wouldn't this product pretty much not work for the same reason a power commander/air filter/exhaust combo is said to not make much difference? Which would be design of engine components, specifically the head ports? If increasing fuel richness improves performance, you'd think that would be attainable via the traditional fuel/air mods like all other bikes. But it sure would be nice just paying $160 for the miracle plug vs buying exhaust, filter, and power commander.

I may end up buying one one day just to create a skeptic's review. Lol.

This reminds me of the TRE that was popular in my sportbike days. Supposedly timing was retarded below certain rpms in the first 4 gears, so installing a plug called the TRE (timing retard eliminator) was supposed to bypass that....all for $30. I put one on my bike, acted like it made a difference, and it may have....or it may have just been the psychology that creators of products such as that relied on for sales.

Last edited:
I'm still in the learning phase, but wouldn't this product pretty much not work for the same reason a power commander/air filter/exhaust combo is said to not make much difference? Which would be design of engine components, specifically the head ports? If increasing fuel richness improves performance, you'd think that would be attainable via the traditional fuel/air mods like all other bikes. But it sure would be nice just paying $160 for the miracle plug vs buying exhaust, filter, and power commander.

I get the impression that you are equating “performance” with power gain. I didn’t read the Boosterplug claims and I don’t care anyway but in my interpretation of this product, performance simply means having the engine run the way it’s supposed to. An example is that I bought a new 2017 carbureted Kawasaki dirt bike that stumbled and hesitated because it was too lean. I rejetted the carb and now it runs well. It has no more power than it did before, and I didn’t expect it to, but the engine now responds normally to throttle input.

So if you had a fueling problem with your 670 engine, maybe the Boosterplug could help. However, the 670 engines I own and all the others I’ve ridden all ran very well. It’s an answer to a problem I don’t have.

Last edited:
I get the impression that you are equating “performance” with power gain. I didn’t read the Boosterplug claims and I don’t care anyway but in my interpretation of this product, performance simply means having the engine run the way it’s supposed to. An example is that I bought a new 2017 carbureted Kawasaki dirt bike that stumbled and hesitated because it was too lean. I rejetted the carb and now it runs well. It has no more power than it did before, and I didn’t expect it to, but the engine now responds normally to throttle input.

So if you had a fueling problem with your 670 engine, maybe the Boosterplug could help. However, the 670 engines I own and all the others I’ve ridden all ran very well. It’s an answer to a problem I don’t have.
"Harder acceleration" lol. Sounds like its being churched up like it's a performance mod while being a "corrective mod" or whatever too. Idk, I would like to try one for free, just to see if I can tell a difference.
b79e0e2190cf9be139fbaf9b7135669d.jpg

Thanks for posting Boosterplug’s pitch for their product. After reading that, I’m absolutely certain now that I don’t need or want a Boosterplug. Generic claims like that which conveniently cover all the bases are just huge red flags.

Last edited:
Back