• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bought a mini-me to my NC700X

PeteWolfgang

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, I had been toying around with the mini-bike craze then last 6-months. I'm not rich, but I am retired, and still working, meaning I have play around money. I set a max price, with cash, and had my eyes on a left over 2018 Kawasaki Z125. I figured, I'd get a good deal for cash. Nope, three times I went back to the dealer with cash in hand. He wanted new money for a soon to be 3-year old new bike. Yea, no. I'm not paying for a bike that will drop over half its value as soon as I register it. I walked away. fast forward a month later, I had a chance to ride a slightly modded Honda Grom. I had a blast! I haven't had that much fun on two wheels in ages. It brought back memories of my youth, and what made motorcycling so much fun. I had a grin from ear to ear under my helmet. as they say, its more fun to flog a small bike, than a big one. Yep, I went to my local Honda Dealer, they've always been fantastic. The owner is retired military, and gives us vets a break on everything. Asked for an out the door price for cash, and he made me an offer I couldn't turn down on a brand new 2020 Grom. I paid $200 more for the new Grom, versus a 2-year old Kawasaki. Can't get a better deal than that. Took that little bike home in the back of my truck, and have been having a blast.

Its perfect for the small backroads around my home. It can do 50-55mph all day on over 100+mpg. Its fine for those 35 to 45mph back roads or around town. The last time I was out on my NC700X, I thought I drove over a rock, turns out I picked up a screw in the front tire. So I've been in no hurry to get new rubber, with the Grom around. If you get a chance to ride one, try it, you might end up adding another (smaller) steed in the garage. I'm just warning you, its fun! I'll try to post some pictures later.

Nice! It’s great to have a little toy bike.

But, watch out! Once you have more than one bike, where is the limit? The wife and I worked our way up to 8 bikes, but have showed some restraint and have since dropped it back to 6!

One of my riding buddies got himself a Monkey, same engine as the Grom but a slightly different position.

It is contagious joy to ride one. Laying flat and flogging it to 57mph is a true achievement. I hit 60 coming down a hill with a tailwind. I've never had more fun going so slow.

My third scoot is a 2003 BMW R1200CLC I inherited from my father who no longer rides. The BMW has over 125k-miles. I can't wait to finally retire completely in 9-years. Then I'll have time to ride everyday!

That sounds like so much fun. I've thought about getting something small like that, but have too many projects to warrant another bike. Congratulations!

These light bikes are perfect for local riding. Elmo has never left Proctor. I have 3500 miles on him to date. You'll enjoy yours.

The C125A is quite a ride. I've carried a 5 gallon can of diesel 12 miles up Anderson hill road to our farm.
With the 'skirts' and National Cycle deflector screen it has good weather protection. ABS front, key fob, FI, 100+ MPG, main stand only, fully enclosed free wheeling chain, all LED, full size 17" wheels..

Attachments

• 1A5E0362-B157-4132-8601-2B060D41F306.jpeg
    1A5E0362-B157-4132-8601-2B060D41F306.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back