• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brake upgrade

kaming713

Reaction score
Visit site
Front brake upgrade with 346mm disc and work with brembo caliper
14184443_10210092476769656_5824568190838101068_n_zpsxfdodqes.jpg
14183879_10210092498730205_2810546168652789072_n_zpsap4lk3u6.jpg
also work the 2016 models
image3_zpsl6b5sam2.png

Rear brake mount work with brembo caliper and original rear brake disc
image1%202_zpsckvz1fez.jpg

14184408_10210092476729655_8787527100786710777_n_zpsookyeigs.jpg

For the front, stock disc is 320mm and the is 346mm. That means you are using the same power to stop a bigger disc.Stock caliper is 2 potion and brembo one is 4 potion, power from both side to stop the disc and much better than only by one side. You may feel the brake level is much lighter after you change the caliper.Make you more relax but get a greater brake power. Rear is the same way.

That is pretty awesome!
How much for the adapters?
What model of brembo calipers are they?
Are you using the stock master cylinder? Or aftermarket?

Off topic but what exhaust do you have? I'm looking for a carbon one and am leaning towards the 2 brothers but like the design of the cap on yours.

wow. what's wrong with the stock brakes? for the front i use two fingers and often just one finger even, still don't seem to have trouble being right on the edge of skidding. Add some foot and I got all I will ever need.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is pretty awesome!
How much for the adapters?
What model of brembo calipers are they?
Are you using the stock master cylinder? Or aftermarket?

Off topic but what exhaust do you have? I'm looking for a carbon one and am leaning towards the 2 brothers but like the design of the cap on yours.

You may search nc700 brake mount on ebay
Nc700x, Nc700s, Intager, Nm01, Nm02 , Nm04 Front Brake Mount | eBay
It works with brembo p4 65mm mount model
I am having Brembo RSC15 cylinder.
For the exhaust, I am having Arrow front pipe and AKRAPOVIC Slip-On

Last edited:
wow. what's wrong with the stock brakes? for the front i use two fingers and often just one finger even, still don't seem to have trouble being right on the edge of skidding. Add some foot and I got all I will ever need.

I have a story for the brake. Since I change the brake pad by EBC and Brembo Rsc15 cylinder. When I speeding for around 25-30 mins, the brake is not working when I am going up to the mountain, that is really terrible in these seconds as I am ready to turn. Luckily I am fine and I found that the stock brake disc is being blue colour. That means it is over heated. I change the discs to Brembo series with is same size with the stock one. However, nothing changed as everything being same. I try to search for brake upgrade and find these caliper mount and disc. Start from that moment, the rear brake is not used as I enjoy to use front brake even I am speeding with MT09, z1000, Vfr1200. No problem with the stock brake but I meet the maxium load with it.

my only concern initially was in rain, but it turns out i can still stop as quickly as traction allows even when the discs and pads are wet...

I would think you would need to replace the master cylinder and possibly the brake lines to really benefit from these much larger calipers and pads. This is a costly upgrade to a brake system that isn't bad anyway. Good way to spend a lot of money for very little benefit.

^^^ if only it could also make the motorcycle sound different like an aftermarket muffler would --

[video=youtube;HE-vZzRC4Ys]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HE-vZzRC4Ys[/video]

I would think you would need to replace the master cylinder and possibly the brake lines to really benefit from these much larger calipers and pads. This is a costly upgrade to a brake system that isn't bad anyway. Good way to spend a lot of money for very little benefit.

I think anyone who doesn't own a motorcycle (and even some that do) think that regarding anything and everything we love about the things, lol.

Replaced the entire front end of one of my 19" rim single disc Hondas with an 18" rim twin disc set up, all drawn out on a paper napkin in a café, complete with cutting the steering stems on both bikes in half, and welding the bottom of the Yamaha stem to the top of the Honda threaded end, and swapping the top triple clamps out. Most everyone said it was dangerous/not going to work/a waste of money/would make the handling completely weird and horrible, etc.

Was raced very successfully on the track and I then later rode that bike happily on the street for many years and many tens of thousands of miles, and it was absolutely awesome.

Initially, I had thought I was going to have to switch the master cylinders as a matter of course, and to my great surprize it ended up working and feeling better leaving the Honda single caliper m/c and not using the Yamaha, that had been used stock for that twin rotor braking system.

Sometimes you just have to try something to see.

Thank you LBS for reply. I agreed with you as many nc riders are blnot interested in upgrade as we think the bike is not for fun, only for tourig. it is happening in Hong kong as well but I just love to modify it unit it meet my reqirement. I still have another plan for my bike and hope it can go with me for more and more years

Back