• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

BrakeBuTT Adds Linked Braking to Any Motorcycle

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Link Up Those Brakes​

If you don’t have linked braking on your motorcycle you’re just out of luck, right? Wrong. Now there’s BrakeBuTT. This new invention is on Kickstarter right now and it’s a system that will add linked braking to almost any motorcycle. It can be installed pretty easily and doesn’t require you to tear apart your brakes, according to New Atlas. Intrigued? Yep, so was I.

BrakeBuTT has two parts. The first is a control box that gets attached to the front brake lever. When pressure is applied to the front brake, it detects it and tells the other part of the system to apply over 1,000psi of pressure to the rear brake via a cable. The Australian guys who put this together spent three years developing and testing the system.

The system will prevent those pesky issues that occur for a lot of newer riders who grab a handful of the front brake in an emergency or panic situation. The system is adjustable, too, allowing you to modify the amount of brake pressure applied. You can also just use the rear brake if needed without using the front brake. This is a must-have because you don’t always want to apply the front brake, especially when off-road.

In the end, this system is very interesting and something I’d love to see in production. Currently, the project is only about $1,100 towards its goal of $60,201. The price is set at $380 if the guys behind it have already designed a kit for your bike. If they don’t have one for your bike, you can put down a $120 deposit and they will try to design one for your motorcycle.

The post BrakeBuTT Adds Linked Braking to Any Motorcycle appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Most newbie riders when confronting an emergency will slam on the rear brake and totally ignore the front brake. The vast majority (almost all?) of them drive cars so it's just a natural reaction. This is borne out by accident stats that show riders too often slam on the rear brake which locks that wheel and they go down and usually slide into whatever they were trying to avoid!

I was an MSF instructor for 16 years and know that most newbies have to be coached into using the front brake.

....And I should add some of the worst students I ever saw were old guys who were full for "bar story truisms" that were mostly untrue but they believed in them 100%. Getting many of them to change was difficult!

Back