• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brakes

Tiny Tim

Reaction score
Visit site
Are the front and rear brakes linked on the NV750?

I have read in one review spec that they are linked on footbrake activity but have not seen this in any Honda spec.

Are the front and rear brakes linked on the NV750?

I have read in one review spec that they are linked on footbrake activity but have not seen this in any Honda spec.

I assume you mean NC750.

Honda linked the brakes on the USA ABS models in 2012 and 2013. Then they dropped that feature. I don't know about the 750 as we do not get it here in the USA. However, look at the front brake caliper. If there is one brake hose instead of two and two pistons instead of three, it's not linked. When looking at the front brake, don't confuse the ABS wire for another brake hose.

It's not at all uncommon for reviews to be wrong.

IMG_0126.jpg

Last edited:
EBC Brakes FA196 Disc Brake Pad Set Amazon.com: EBC Brakes FA196 Disc Brake Pad Set: Automotive
So I installed these Kevlar organic EBC brake pads and they suck, they over heat and lose grip very easily. Anyone tried these
d8a91ff15a154b2822a35095bd64199a.jpg

Like 670cc posted, linked brakes disappeared with 2014 models. I also have seen incorrect magazine reviews that stated the brakes were linked after model year 2013.

Stock front pads are HH rated and generate the most friction during cold and hot pads braking, FA rated pads generate less friction than stock pads during cold pad stops and far far less when the brakes are heated. These would not be my choice to replace stock Honda OEM pads.

Last edited:
Stock front pads are HH rated and generate the most friction during cold and hot pads braking, FA rated pads generate less friction than stock pads during cold pad stops and far far less when the brakes are heated. These would not be my choice to replace stock Honda OEM pads.

I'm not sure that the FA part number in this case refers to the pad composition because the EBC HH pad part number also starts with FA. But then there's probably something I'm missing here.

Last edited:
I'm not sure that the FA part number in this case refers to the pad composition because the EBC HH pad part number also starts with FA. But then there's probably something I'm missing here.
You are right.....the V-Pad model appears to be GG rated though hard to see clearly on the EBC site. A step below HH but above FA rating.

NC700X Front Brake Pads

I assume you mean NC750.

Honda linked the brakes on the USA ABS models in 2012 and 2013. Then they dropped that feature. I don't know about the 750 as we do not get it here in the USA. However, look at the front brake caliper. If there is one brake hose instead of two and two pistons instead of three, it's not linked. When looking at the front brake, don't confuse the ABS wire for another brake hose.

It's not at all uncommon for reviews to be wrong.

View attachment 33522

yeahthat.gif

I have a 2014 NC750X and the brakes are not linked.

2017-06-09_21.06.14.jpg

Last edited:
I ride just enough gravel and off-road that separate brake actuation is appreciated. Kind of off-topic but I'm in the mood to type ; }

I ride just enough gravel and off-road that separate brake actuation is appreciated. Kind of off-topic but I'm in the mood to type ; }
I have no experience with the CBS combined brake system of the NC but on my ST Honda did the linkage very well and it's not apparent in use. Light rear brake applies so little front brake through the proportioning and delay valves that brake use on low traction surfaces does not bite the rider.

Well, off-road I vary the balance between front and rear too much too often to have any "automated" approach work well -- unless it has AI that can forecast surfaces and slopes and densities and vary things from moment to moment accordingly ; }

Was thinking of trying them. This may help some with the choices available: motorcyclistonline.com/motorcycle-brake-pad-options-explained-mc-garage-video

The EBC semi-sintered are still GG rated pads like the organics, but are supposed to resist the heat much better as they are marketed for touring machines.
I installed these a couple weeks after this post, it took awhile to match up to my (disc, rotor?) and still isn't my favorite but they have improved over my initial impression of them

Back