• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41

• Thread starter Deleted member 5383
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 5383

After 9220 miles of coarse pavement and some other stuff with my last Avon Trailrider rear, I decided to try the Bridgestone Battlax Adventure A41, $145.36 shipped from American Moto Tire. The Avon's been the best for handling, feel and longevity, also amazing on cold and wet roads. But I will try others if they look worthwhile; the Bridgestone BT-023 racked up a lot of miles for me and was a great-handling tire for the price.

The Adventure A41 in this size has 8mm tread depth and the pattern crosses the center like the Trailrider so there's no guessing about when it's time for a new tire. I'm hoping I'll get miles out of the A41 like I did with the Trailrider... Incidentally after 24,000 miles I'm noticing my Primary Drive X-ring chain is likely due for replacement in another thousand or two.

2020-03-06 13;54;26
by greenboy, on Flickr

Last edited by a moderator:
Only got in 70 miles of scrub-in. A41 feels great and swoops like an eagle. Had to keep reminding myself not to go into corners so fast and brake a little earlier at controlled intersections : }

Wow, what a GRRREAT tire! Really sticks on a cold wet road, tip-in is just what I recalled from BT023, which is to say one doesn't even need to think. The road feel gives feedback without being harsh and the Montana State reptile the Tar Snake is no problem either. If I get the mileage I got from the Avon Trailrider I've got another winner!

thumb_grrreat-98-they-re-great-tony-the-tiger-song-the-53323076.png

My VFR1200x came with Bridgestone Battlewing tires with Revzilla says they are a 80/20.
Battlewing maybe markets towards big bikes.
Battlax seems to have many of the same characteristics and compounding.
Liked then so much purchased a replacement set.
My next NC tire will likely be a Bridgestone ?
Bridgestone sure makes a lot of tires that are similar.

39EB0BDE-F162-437F-92D8-5055B91AF996.png
B96F7E96-0F29-48D9-8A47-987B4E55FAE2.png

Last edited:
My BMW F700GS also came with Battlewings. Previous owner used more aggressive tires and kept the Bridgestones garaged until he put them back on for the sale. I really like ‘em and will not at all object to replacing with the same.

The FortNine guy likes them too:

I'm using a front Bridgestone Adventurecross AX41 on my yamaha WR250R now. I think of it as a "knobby with longevity". It's a great front for 50/50, a modern R&D effort that really seems to have provided gains for highway and off-road. I might eventually get to try the AX41 on the back as well – if the Mitas E-07+ ever wears out.

2019-04-24 14;58;14 by greenboy, on Flickr

I don't think I'm gonna get much more than 5000 miles out of the Bridgestone A41 rear in the NC size. Yes, it sticks like glue wet or dry, hot or cold, and handles well with good feedback. None of that's changed for the worse. But the only way I'll be likely to squeeze more miles out of them is to get the highway department to put a lot more curvy twisty roads in my area so I can spend a lot more hard lean time. Pretty sure I'd have better longevity on Bridgestone T31. But I'll probably go back to the Avon Trailrider which performs just as well on pavement – and better off the pavement – and can track a LOT more miles.

...Sometimes I wonder if tire manufacturers sometimes aren't always getting consistent formulations and applications thereof, especially when I read reviews with such variance in longevity and squaring off and so forth ; }

I don't think I'm gonna get much more than 5000 miles out of the Bridgestone A41 rear in the NC size. Yes, it sticks like glue wet or dry, hot or cold, and handles well with good feedback. None of that's changed for the worse. But the only way I'll be likely to squeeze more miles out of them is to get the highway department to put a lot more curvy twisty roads in my area so I can spend a lot more hard lean time. Pretty sure I'd have better longevity on Bridgestone T31. But I'll probably go back to the Avon Trailrider which performs just as well on pavement – and better off the pavement – and can track a LOT more miles.
I used Bridgestone A-41's on my Triumph 1200 Explorer almost always. You are correct with a guess at 5K rear tire life--thats what I got on these AR chip and seal roads. I like the B/S because they are reasonably priced (often with a rebate) and are marked with a yellow dot at the light spot which lets you use less weight when aligned with the heavy spot on the rim--not necessarily the valve stem. I have saved $$$ over the past 25+ years by mounting and balancing my own. New set of A-41's ready to mount as soon as I wear out the battlewings. BTW, Rocky Mountain sent me a 3 year old A-41 recently--will look elsewhere next time.

Hey arkyleo,

Lots of chip coat and the like here too. You might want to try the Avon AV54 Trailrider. I'd rather spend the extra $10.53* (per rear) on it in the NC size, which seems to get about 4000-4500 miles more without sacrificing pavement traction wet/cold or dry. It also does better off the pavement. Michelin Road 4 always gets plaudits here but I didn't like it as much as the Trailrider in any conditions and I didn't get any more mileage out it though it cost more. But nevertheless I am going to try the Road 5 next – in spite of it costing $47.10* (per rear) more than the Avon. I want to know if it really is what some people claim ; }

* prices from https://www.americanmototire.com/

I'd rather spend the extra $10.53* on the Avon AV54 Trailrider rear in the NC size, which seems to get about 4500 miles more without sacrificing pavement traction wet/cold or dry, and does better off the pavement. I didn't get any more mileage out the Michelin Road 4 than the Trailrider and didn't like it as much in ANY conditions, but nevertheless I am going to try the Road 5 next in spite of it costing $47.10 more than the Avon. I want to know if it really is what some people claim ; }

* prices from https://www.americanmototire.com/
I may just try those Avon's next time--thanks.

Hey arkyleo, I edited my post just before you posted again to suggest just that, and to be a bit clearer. Hope you enjoy them as much as I have! Unless the Road 5 rear is incredibly better for me than the Road 4, I'll be sticking with Avon Trailrider from there on...

Back