• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Broke my CARDO Palktalk Slim headset

melensdad

Reaction score
Visit site
When they work they work great. I have no complaints there. The range is astounding. The clarity is amazing.

But damn the Compact USB charging port ripped right out of the unit and is stuck on the end of the charging cable. WTF!

This is a $200+ headset that is 1 month old and the port pulls right out of the headset when the charging cable is disconnected. I'm supposed to be leaving on a trip in 2 weeks. Going to try to find a local computer repair shop that can solder in a new one. I know I should go ***** at Cardo about this but doubt their customer service will even reply. I contacted them 1 time a couple weeks ago with a firmware question and am still waiting for a reply.

:mad::mad::mad:

If you are on Facebook, try sending a message through their page. You may have better luck and they seem fairly responsive on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was checking them out on Revzilla and there were quite a few reviews from people complaining about the charging port and most of them complained about Cardo's customer service, or lack thereof, as well. They have to be abundantly aware there is a problem so will hopefully have a solution in the works. Good luck.

Honestly they are great units when they work but the customer service, based on the simple inquiry I made a while back seems to be ZERO

I'm sure this should be a warranty issue but I don't believe I can get a warranty claim turned around before I depart at the end of next week.

I'm not happy!

If you are on Facebook, try sending a message through their page. You may have better luck and they seem fairly responsive on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok. thank for your suggestion. My friend also have same problem with that.

I posted on FB

They replied to me via Messenger and told me to file a claim. Gave me the email.

I sent the email.

Go an automated reply saying they will respond in 2-3 days and provided a link to the f###ing website for self help and to give them proof of purchase, serial number, etc

Heh, figures! I'd post all of those replies from them on their site and let everyone else know exactly what they are doing and how long it is taking! Accountability sometime does wonders when they know everyone is watching ...just sayin'!! :{)

So I ordered an older model Cardo unit, with their "Dynamic Mesh" technology and voice control from Amazon as a back-up plan.

We are leaving for our trip in about 10 days. I need CARDO to respond NOW with something about a replacement.

The new old stock unit, which is a discontinued model, will be my trip companion should Cardo's customer service fail, which is, at this point, what I expect them to do.

We have another helmet for my wife and she stopped using it because it has no Cardo unit. IF/WHEN Cardo actually fixes my Palktalk Slim unit, I will reinstall it on my Arai helmet. The 'back up plan' unit will be installed on the extra helmet.

Did a miracle just happen?

Got an email instructing me to ship it back, send them proof of shipment and tracking number. It says they will ship me a replacement as soon as they have confirmation of my return.

Shipped back the broken Cardo Packtalk Slim.

Emailed Cardo a photo of the USPS receipt. Wrote them a polite note and included the USPS tracking number.

Basically sent them everything that they asked for and packed it all nicely in bubble wrap.

Now I hold my breath and wait for a reply? Or wait for a shipment of a replacement? I'm actually very hopeful that they will replace my unit before I leave for a trip at the end of next week.

I do have "plan B" in place in case Cardo fails. Amazon already delivered a NOS unit that is compatible with the dynamic mesh system. Ordered it yesterday, delivered today. Got to love Amazon for their efficiency. I did decide that if Cardo does come through with a replacement that I will return this unit to Amazon and save the $157 (plus tax and shipping) that it cost me to buy.

I wonder if Cardo would have responded so quickly if I did not post my problem on Facebook? In any case, with luck their customer service will take care of this quickly and efficiently.

Shipped back the broken Cardo Packtalk Slim.

Emailed Cardo a photo of the USPS receipt. Wrote them a polite note and included the USPS tracking number.

Basically sent them everything that they asked for and packed it all nicely in bubble wrap.

Now I hold my breath and wait for a reply? Or wait for a shipment of a replacement? I'm actually very hopeful that they will replace my unit before I leave for a trip at the end of next week.

I do have "plan B" in place in case Cardo fails. Amazon already delivered a NOS unit that is compatible with the dynamic mesh system. Ordered it yesterday, delivered today. Got to love Amazon for their efficiency. I did decide that if Cardo does come through with a replacement that I will return this unit to Amazon and save the $157 (plus tax and shipping) that it cost me to buy.

I wonder if Cardo would have responded so quickly if I did not post my problem on Facebook? In any case, with luck their customer service will take care of this quickly and efficiently.

Man, that's great news. I hope it works out and they get that issue resolved permanently. I'm seriously thinking about getting one and really prefer the Cardo but this kind of thing is a concern. Let us know how the replacement goes, and have a safe trip.

When it’s not broken it’s grest

Audio is good
Voice control is good
Fits in the Frunk if your helmet fits

Hoping this works out

Last edited:
Back