• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Brp

I've registered for the HU, Stecoah meet in OCT7-9 held at Ironhorse.
Hope to tent camp at KSL (Kickstand Lodge, nearby) Thursday and Friday.

Since the BRP is close, I am going to check out the southern bit and
plan to ride other gravel routes I missed last year (has it been a year already?).

I've registered for the HU, Stecoah meet in OCT7-9 held at Ironhorse.
Hope to tent camp at KSL (Kickstand Lodge, nearby) Thursday and Friday.

Since the BRP is close, I am going to check out the southern bit and
plan to ride other gravel routes I missed last year (has it been a year already?).

I'll tag along anytime someone is riding the BRP!

I'll tag along anytime someone is riding the BRP!

But you're the lead!
Greg had a great ride last year. You're a good lead rider.

Been practicing those hairpin turns of yours, so this year
I may be emulating your curve carving better.

Oh yea, I got a better bike than last year, too!:cool:

But you're the lead!
Greg had a great ride last year. You're a good lead rider.

Been practicing those hairpin turns of yours, so this year
I may be emulating your curve carving better.

Oh yea, I got a better bike than last year, too!:cool:

And I'll be practicing riding the Dragon standing up!

Maybe I'm a good leader because I'm easy to keep up with. With your powerful new bike, you'll need to give me a good head start.

The BRP is lovely and not to be missed but the timing now is kind of messed up with leaf peepers in cages and RVs creeping from overlook to overlook. The spring months are prime for unrestrained BRP riding. Flowers in bloom, air fragrant, and still cool.

Still, the fall colors are worth the trip but focus attention on the north-south roads that cross the Parkway like 215, 178, 151, 191/63, 197 (part is gravel), 261/143, 226/107, etc.. Ride the Parkway as far as the next N/S road then leave the traffic behind. Those seeking gravel try the climb out of Barnardsville up to Craggy Gardens. It climbs about 2200 feet and comes out on the parkway. You can do it on street tires, hard packed. Very beautiful.

Those seeking gravel try the climb out of Barnardsville up to Craggy Gardens. It climbs about 2200 feet and comes out on the parkway. You can do it on street tires, hard packed. Very beautiful.

Taking notes . . .

You up for this one, DCTFAN?

Taking notes . . .

You up for this one, DCTFAN?

Can't wait....
I'm up solo since my wife took up hiking and mushroom hunting.
She'll make her own color trips (yeah!)

So, I'm ready for some colorful riding of my own.:p

A bit of gravel, a bunch of dust.
The leaves have not changed much which explains the lack of traffic on the parkway but the riding is superb. It rained a bit overnight which means today is the day for some off-road riding [emoji2]

c7aa80e326b3267b3e502c862892762a.jpg

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Back