• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Bugs on the Inside

CMGuy

Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting - for me anyway - phenomenon: When I clean the bugs off my windscreen (MadStad 22") I also have to clean the inside surface. The old hands on this forum will, I suspect, get a good laugh out of this but for me, it was completely unexpected. Granted, the inside is not nearly so buggy as the outside and I don't get the big splats on the inside.

Guess it is just the aerodynamics of the mounting system. They must hit the mount plate, bounce off a bit, but get sucked up the inside of the screen where they manage to leave their mark.

I just removed my Honda Touring Screen and I'm giving it to a forum member. Well I didn't want to send it with all the nasty bugs splatter so I started to scrub it in the sink. There were a couple of spots that were giving me a hard time. I rubbed the heck out of those spot and they just would not clean off.

I think you see where I'm going with this.

Sure enough it was on the inside. It made sense. There is a good size gap at the bottom where air forces its way through. I didn't think about that at first because I have never had a bike with a screen like that.

Me and my wife had a similar effect with the canoe on top of her car.... larger bugs would get sucked up under it (instead of hitting the windshield) and then pulled to the bow of the canoe where they got stuck because of the aerodynamics of the canoe... they probably got bashed up against the hull pretty well too...

When we pulled it down off the car after a 400 mile trip we found about 2 dozen wasps mostly, some dead.... some alive... none in good enough health to fly...

I guess so long as they aren't inside your helmet visor count your blessings and keep riding :)

Back