• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Buying NC750X DCT

awksedgreep

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm looking to buy an NC750X DCT in the US. According to the Honda website. All DCT versions have ABS and all manual versions do not. What I'm seeing listed on cycletrader by dealers is something entirely different. Honda website also lists the only color option as red for 2018, which is my preferred color. Can anyone confirm that models advertised for 2018 DCT will all have ABS as well?

I currently ride a VFR and these look so much more comfortable. I'm hoping to do maybe 90% road, 10% offroad . . . which the VFR doesn't handle so well. Seems like the NC is a great bike for that.

'njoy,
awk

That is the model I wanted before I bought mine and couldn't find a dealer with a brand new one leftover. But yes, the DCT will have ABS and it will only come in red/silver for 2018, and blue/silver for 2019.

Is your VFR DCT? If you never driven a DCT model, it is one of the coolest things I've ever had on a motorcycle! Exceeded my expectations. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

It isn't. My VFR800A is a 2007, before they started doing the DCT versions. Thanks for the info. I've had two Porsche' cars with the DCT(PDK), but never a bike. Really looking forward to not having a clutch lever in Atlanta stop and go traffic.

It isn't. My VFR800A is a 2007, before they started doing the DCT versions. Thanks for the info. I've had two Porsche' cars with the DCT(PDK), but never a bike. Really looking forward to not having a clutch lever in Atlanta stop and go traffic.
Ah, yeah it is an option on the newer VFR models. If I ever get ready for more power and a bigger bike, the VFR1200X is on my list as next bike. But I will probably hang onto my NC700X because of how little I have in it and just how easy to ride it is. I read where people said that a lot about it, but didn't get it til I got one. Man, it's just so quick to grab my jacket and gloves out of the frunk, strap on helmet and go, no worries about shifting. D mode sucks, S mode is great. And the best part is while in either auto mode, you can override it via the shift triggers to suit your immediate need to speed up or shift up/ down for whatever reason.

I bought my 2018 NC750XD back in September of 18. After riding over 30 years, and test riding an older NC700XD, I knew I had to get one. There is a marked difference (IMO) between the 700 and 750. The DCT is in a word, Amazing! The 750 is smoother and had a wee bit more gitty up to it. I’m also older so the aggressive off road stuff that I did on my KLR’s isn’t really an option for me anymore. I’ve taken my 750 off-road (light trails) and it handles ok, ground clearance and overall grit can’t match the KLR, but it’s perfect for me. Got over a creek that was 2-3 feet deep just fine. Just remember to put it in manual and to turn off the traction control if you ride the trails! If I were 15 years younger I’d have probably bought the Africa Twin DCT instead, but that doesn’t take away ANYTHING from the NC! It’s a fine bike and I’ll hang on to mine as long as I can!

I bought my 2018 NC750XD back in September of 18. After riding over 30 years, and test riding an older NC700XD, I knew I had to get one. There is a marked difference (IMO) between the 700 and 750. The DCT is in a word, Amazing! The 750 is smoother and had a wee bit more gitty up to it. I’m also older so the aggressive off road stuff that I did on my KLR’s isn’t really an option for me anymore. I’ve taken my 750 off-road (light trails) and it handles ok, ground clearance and overall grit can’t match the KLR, but it’s perfect for me. Got over a creek that was 2-3 feet deep just fine. Just remember to put it in manual and to turn off the traction control if you ride the trails! If I were 15 years younger I’d have probably bought the Africa Twin DCT instead, but that doesn’t take away ANYTHING from the NC! It’s a fine bike and I’ll hang on to mine as long as I can!

My wife bought an 2016 NC700x DCT and I fell in love with it. Our local dealer had a 2018 NC750x DCT and I snapped it up. I really thought I was in the market for an Africa Twin DCT and that was what I went to see at the local dealership when I ended up buying the 750 instead. The AT is an awesome bike, I do have a bit of 'bike envy' but know that I'd never use the AT for its true potential and it would be more of a personal status bike for me. The 750 is just a plain old great all around bike. Not enough suspension travel for real off roading, but plenty enough for the gravel roads we take.

The 700 has a bit less "oomph" to it when compared to the 750 but basically they are clones in almost every other way save for an LED light upgrade, traction control, etc that were added to the 2018 model.

Loving the decision that I made to get the 750x. It is a well manner bike in many ways and while I have only 1500 miles on mine so far, its been a whole lot of fun.

Both our 700 and 750 are now modestly modified for road touring. Both handle the odd bits of Suburban Chicago area traffic with their DCT transmissions but we do our best to stay out of that mess. It's only when the traffic makes its way out to the suburbs that we have to deal with it. Never been up into the city of Chciago with the bikes and really no real desire to do so but we've seen a good deal of the suburban sprawl traffic to know that the DCT is the solution for stop & go traffic woes.

Tomorrow we head south and east on a 200 mile loop. Easy bikes to jump on and go.

Last edited:
The 2019 750x is not blue/silver in the USA, but blue/black. Not a good combination, unless you like bruises...

I'm having a hard time finding any leftover red 2018 DCTs, and I called several places in California that don't even have the 2019's and are waiting for the 2020's.
I think Honda has strong demand for the DCT in Southern Calif.

As is the norm, no word from Honda on what THOSE 2010's will look like.

I'm having a hard time finding any leftover red 2018 DCTs, and I called several places in California that don't even have the 2019's and are waiting for the 2020's.
I think Honda has strong demand for the DCT in Southern Calif.

A month ago I found my new 2018 through CycleTrader. Worked great for me because I saved $1K by traveling to Arizona.

Seems to be quite a few in California: https://www.cycletrader.com/New-201...ndition=N&year=2018:2018&zip=90001&radius=400

Edit: And you're right about the DCT, only one of those listed and it's in Utah.

Last edited:
A month ago I found my new 2018 through CycleTrader. Worked great for me because I saved $1K by traveling to Arizona.

Seems to be quite a few in California: https://www.cycletrader.com/New-201...ndition=N&year=2018:2018&zip=90001&radius=400

Cycletrader is a place to start, but . . The trouble with cycletrader is that some of these dealers won't actually have the unit when you contact them to ask about it. Beware of listings that have stock photos, not pictures of the actual machine. Expect many errors in the listings, especially in this case of whether it's a DCT or manual. Expect shady tactics when it comes to pricing.

Cycletrader is a place to start, but . . The trouble with cycletrader is that some of these dealers won't actually have the unit when you contact them to ask about it. Beware of listings that have stock photos, not pictures of the actual machine. Expect many errors in the listings, especially in this case of whether it's a DCT or manual. Expect shady tactics when it comes to pricing.

I understand what you're saying but it worked great for me. Through CycleTrader I emailed a few dealers and called to talk with the couple that responded. Went with the one that had the best price and the best attitude and everything went perfectly.
I called and talked with them a half-dozen times before I picked up the bike and they answered every question I had. They sent a worker to pick me up at the airport at no charge. The bike was perfect and ready to go. The price was exact with no ups or bumps. They gave me a great price on the helmet and couple of accessories I needed for the ride home.
All in all, RideNow in Tuscon gets 5 stars.

I understand what you're saying but it worked great for me. Through CycleTrader I emailed a few dealers and called to talk with the couple that responded. Went with the one that had the best price and the best attitude and everything went perfectly.
I called and talked with them a half-dozen times before I picked up the bike and they answered every question I had. They sent a worker to pick me up at the airport at no charge. The bike was perfect and ready to go. The price was exact with no ups or bumps. They gave me a great price on the helmet and couple of accessories I needed for the ride home.
All in all, RideNow in Tuscon gets 5 stars.
That's a solid dealer experience. It's a shame all of them aren't like that. I know they have to deal with a lot of tire kickers, but they also dont realize how many potential buyers they run off being shady or acting like everyone they talk to is a tire kicker. I can't stand calling in to talk about purchasing something with the cash on hand and being treated like a window shopping tire kicker. I'd drive a couple more hours and even pay a few more dollars to do business with a more customer service oriented dealer.

I shopped Cycle Trader and found a used 2016 NC700x with 4 miles on it about 200 miles from home at a good price. Contacted the dealer and had great communications. Drove down a couple days later and loaded it into the back of my pick-up after getting an even better price in person, plus got a First Gear Kilimanjaro jacket at 1/2 price and a set of Givi V35 side cases and Givi rack at a good price. It was a great experience.

Then I shopped Cycle Trader again when looking for my bike. Looking for a new/used Africa Twin with DCT. Found a bunch on Cycle Trader. For the most part the ads were scam ads, dealers advertising what was not in stock. Local dealer is a small dealer, he had one in stock. It was my dream bike. Nearly a year later it still sits on his floor and I still drool over it. But he also had a new NC750x DCT, which is what I ended up buying late October or early November of last year. No regrets, in fact I bought the right bike for me and am happy. The AT would have required more mods, and seat lowering, and I really just had bike envy for no logical reason. The NC750x DCT has become my favorite bike and I'm loving it.

So I have seriously mixed reviews of Cycle Trader. Mostly I think there a tons of 'stock ads' for bikes that don't actually exist in inventory.

That's a solid dealer experience. It's a shame all of them aren't like that. I know they have to deal with a lot of tire kickers, but they also dont realize how many potential buyers they run off being shady or acting like everyone they talk to is a tire kicker. I can't stand calling in to talk about purchasing something with the cash on hand and being treated like a window shopping tire kicker. I'd drive a couple more hours and even pay a few more dollars to do business with a more customer service oriented dealer.

Attitude is everything!
A local dealer had a NOS 2018 in stock on CycleTrader and that first got me interested in the bike. They priced it at $1K off list but dealers in Arizona and Colorado were asking around $1K less than that. I called local and they still had it in stock but was a demo with around 100 miles.
In negotiating a better price I told the dealer I could get it for $1K less out of state...and the jerk got ticked and told me to "go buy it there!" That was the end of that conversation.
I called back later, talked with someone else and he came down $100 and acted like it was killing him.
I thought about it for a couple of days and decided I'd buy the local bike and called them on Tuesday to reserve it. Saturday was the 1st of the month and the different jerk on the phone said OK but I have to pick it up Friday! I asked him why and he said the "dealer incentives change on the first". I told him that I'm living on SS and a VA pension and my money is deposited at 12:01AM on the first, I could pick it up Saturday. He wouldn't back down so I told him I'd let him know...but didn't.

From my first talk with the people at RideNow in Tuscon it was obvious they wanted my business and wanted to make me happy. They gave me whatever time and info I needed and couldn't have been better. They had sold bikes to others from New Mexico and knew the paperwork and the process was fast and seamless.
With a $200 plane ticket I still saved $800 buying from RideNow and got a brand new bike with less than 5 miles for $7415 OTD.
My first post here talked more about the experience: https://www.nc700-forum.com/forum/m...new-member-welcome-thread-152.html#post212242

Last edited:
Back