• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Caberg Helmets New Avalon Model Is A Strong Entry-Level Contender

admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site

A Healthy Feature List Sub-$200​

Caberg just pulled the sheets on their new 2021 Avalon helmet. The Italian helmet builder has positioned this helmet with hopes that it will be a hot-seller in the entry-level helmet market thanks to it’s premium features and low cost.

The Avalon has all the features you would typically find in your $400-$500 helmet. The liner is removable (and washable), the helmet comes pin-lock ready with its two visors (one clear, one dark), a drop-down sun-shade is togglable with a switch on the side of the helmet, and the ventilation system is easy to manage with riding gloves equipped.

With such a big feature list for a sub-$200 helmet, corners had to be cut somewhere, though. Unfortunately, this helmet only comes in two shell sizes; which is something you would typically find on a modular helmet due to the higher price to manufacture. Two shell sizes aren’t the end of the world – especially on a helmet that comes in at around $180 – but it can induce a bobblehead effect if you’re stuck with a size small.

The helmet is tightened with a micro ratchet buckle system that seems much easier to manage when your gloves are on (I’m always fiddling with the double-ring strap when I’m wearing my gloves); but I’m not sure about the safety of a plastic buckle holding your helmet on. Maybe you guys can point me in a proper direction in regards to the safety of that system as I have only had experience with double-ringed straps.

The lid is ready to accept most speakers and coms devices, and if Caberg has sold you on their product quality they even have their own coms system available for purchase.

The Avalon comes in XS to XXL sizing and is available on their official web store at 149,99€ ($180 USD) for the 2 solid versions and 179,99€ ($215 USD) for the 7 graphic versions.

Let the reviews begin.

The post Caberg Helmets New Avalon Model Is A Strong Entry-Level Contender appeared first on webBikeWorld.

Continue reading...

Back