• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Camping fam (very small) big output

netizen

Reaction score
nc700-forum.com
Camping fan (very small) big output

Ok, I've wanted to upgrade my camp fan for a while now but I really didn't want to go bigger than the 7 inch size I had. I ended up ordering a SMALLER fan that really puts out some air!

This is a USB rechargable fan. I will say upfront that if you put this on high it will not last the night. However... IF you have one of those USB power bricks you can plug it into that and you wont' have to worry about the battery dying durring the night.

It has a replaceable rechargeable battery that you can upgrade to I think about 3400 MAH that would probably get you through the night on Medium setting.

Now.. I had a 7 inch fan (actual dimensions) powered by 2 D batteries this is the one I am replacing
Amazon.com: O2COOL 5-Inch Portable Fan, Black: Home & Kitchen

I will tell you that this new little fan outperforms the old one by at least twice if not 3 or 4 times the airflow.
Add to that the smaller size (probably 1/2 the size) and you will see why I am upgrading to the smaller fan. The fan also has an LED light built into it that can come in handy at night. You can also use the internal battery as a power brick for your cell phone but I will likely never do that.

One thing I did read that I think is important. One reviewer said that the fan will not operate while charging and having less than a full charge on the internal battery. I have not tested this yet. That would be important though if you want to use it all night long using a power brick to keep it fully charged while using it. You would have to make sure it was fully charged before the fan would come on while plugged into the power brick. Once again I haven't tested this yet to confirm.

Anyway, here is the link to the little fan I just got to replace my bigger one.
Amazon.com: Portable Fan, Dizaul mini usb rechargeable fan with 2600mAh Power Bank and Flash light,for Traveling,Fishing,Camping,Hiking,Backpacking,BBQ,Baby Stroller,Picnic,Biking,Boating (Black): Home & Kitchen

The ratings on it are very good as you can see.

*UPDATE* Ok, I used the fan for about an hour to run it down a bit from full charge, plugged it in to charge it and turned it on and it ran fine even partially discharged. I also ran the battery all the way down to dead and plugged it in, and it works with a dead battery. It does not however charge the battery when you are using it. I ran the fan on the dead battery for an hour or so, then unplugged it and the fan wouldn't turn on... so it had not charged the battery any while running plugged in.
As long as you have a power brick or a source to plug a charger in it will work even on a dead battery.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting that, I just ordered one.

Hope you like it, post back your opinion on it when you have a chance to try it. My bigger fan I'm replacing was pitiful in output compared to this little sucker. this little guy doesn't have a wide reach but it has a nice blast of air directly in front of it which is all I need.

Back