Can you ride the nc700x under very slippery conditions?

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes. You absolutely can ride the nc700 in dust, dirt and mud.

I would add this note. When your tire is worn in such a way that the contact patch is flatter in the middle of the tread, the NC can get a little front heavy resulting in a rear tire steering action. This can also happen on loose shoulders and ruts. So. This is not a true dirt bike. It is a little heavy. But still, the DCT is an awesome go-anywhere no-nonsense low maintenance bike. It is all about your tire choices. Ya gotta love the dirt- so don’t let it stop you.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Both questions are answered for me in my videos. Are YOU afraid to crash it? Can you dump the bike with almost no damage? Yes. You can. Just like a dirt bike.

Griff

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I did major damage to the exhaust system on mine when I took it offroad. I didn't even drop it. If I had had to replace it my pocket would have hurt. When I took my Strom offroad I could also hear the exhaust system underneath being hammered by stones etc. As such nowadays I confine my offroading to a bike that is well equipped for the purpose, my CRF.

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for writing. Yes. The NC700 comes with a bright and shiny low slung gigantic chrome can exhaust. And yes. When you start throwing rocks, you want a yoshimura or clone exhaust. Something with carbon fiber.

This happens to a lot of models.

My old KTM chrome muffler lasted…

Hmmm. 5 minutes.

Mostly because the shiny one sells. The Yoshimura is never as quiet. I made a silencer for mine to give me a fwap fwap fwap when I throttle up, but soft thump down low.

Attachments

• C438BFBF-0E67-471C-9FB7-47800C2C1404.jpeg
    C438BFBF-0E67-471C-9FB7-47800C2C1404.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 5

670cc

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Mods
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for writing. Yes. The NC700 comes with a bright and shiny low slung gigantic chrome can exhaust. And yes. When you start throwing rocks, you want a yoshimura or clone exhaust. Something with carbon fiber.

This happens to a lot of models.

My old KTM chrome muffler lasted…

Hmmm. 5 minutes.

Mostly because the shiny one sells. The Yoshimura is never as quiet. I made a silencer for mine to give me a fwap fwap fwap when I throttle up, but soft thump down low.
The don’t think the 2012-2015 NC700X comes with a chrome can exhaust. I’m pretty sure mine came new with an OEM stainless steel can muffler, not chrome plated.

Last edited:

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
Ooo. You have that one. Well. You never know ‘till a rock hits it. I will give you photos of mine. I want to thank you for the specifics because people will read it and learn. A picture helps. These are taken just now.

Mine is a cheap clone. It is one of those weird cases where the copy is as good as the original. Maybe better.

You can decide for yourself if you want to mail order one.

I have not rolled the bike onto it yet. That day is coming.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 9

Makingitwork6999

Reaction score
Visit site
It is interesting. I am looking at the different styles. There seems to be a chrome, maybe a brushed one and a very different black one. It would not shock me if their are others. Personally, if i could, i would add another layer of protection to mine, but engineering such a thing requires me to crash on it a couple times to get it right.

There must be a dozen custom choices out there for replacements. A simple google search shows all sorts of custom versions.