• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

CB1100 caps for '21 NC750X

compubarn

Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone tried to use the CB1100 caps (Honda P/N 51450-MGC-003) on their '21 NC750? Seems like a great solution assuming that it works for '21 model. I'd like to do the Cogent upgrade and trying to figure out what I'll need.
Thank you!

If the '21's forks are still 41mm Showas, I find it very hard to believe they'd have changed the thread pitch. That means that if I was in your place I'd feel pretty confident about getting a set and installing them.

So this is interesting. In the past we have been able to look at the parts diagram for the USA model 2021 front fork and see that it did not materially differ from all years prior. Because of this I thought the Dual Bending Fork did not make it into North American models. Dual bending is marketing speak to refer to a cartridge fork which is more sophisticated than the 2012-2020 NC's damping rod design.

However I just went to check the part number of the fork cap of the 21 and compare it to the 2020 and lo and behold the fork diagram for the 2021 is unavailable. I usually use Cycle Parts Nation for access to the Honda parts diagrams so I thought maybe it is just CPN's website is slow loading today and tried Ron Ayers and their parts diagram for a 2021 fork is also blank. I wonder what is going on?

So this is interesting. In the past we have been able to look at the parts diagram for the USA model 2021 front fork and see that it did not materially differ from all years prior. Because of this I thought the Dual Bending Fork did not make it into North American models. Dual bending is marketing speak to refer to a cartridge fork which is more sophisticated than the 2012-2020 NC's damping rod design.

However I just went to check the part number of the fork cap of the 21 and compare it to the 2020 and lo and behold the fork diagram for the 2021 is unavailable. I usually use Cycle Parts Nation for access to the Honda parts diagrams so I thought maybe it is just CPN's website is slow loading today and tried Ron Ayers and their parts diagram for a 2021 fork is also blank. I wonder what is going on?
I checked rockymountainatvmc.com for 2021 and 2022 manual model front fork and the diagrams appear there. I didn’t look in great detail but it looked like a plain old damper rod fork. Oddly, it shows the top cap as being unavailable.

Mine definitely has the SDBV forks

xH6iob4h.jpg

It appears that some other individual parts are also not available which probably means you would be required to buy the complete fork assy.

Back