• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Centre stand

Ged

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, have owned a NC750SA[18] for a few weeks, generally very happy with it ,all i could wish for in a bike at my age. i am in the process of making a few modifications and would be grateful for any advice. I plan on lowering the bike slightly {25mms} with the help of a lowering link,will i still be able to fit a Honda centre stand.?

Hi, have owned a NC750SA[18] for a few weeks, generally very happy with it ,all i could wish for in a bike at my age. i am in the process of making a few modifications and would be grateful for any advice. I plan on lowering the bike slightly {25mms} with the help of a lowering link,will i still be able to fit a Honda centre stand.?
I'd expect that you'd be able to install the center stand without much trouble but would find it difficult - if not impossible without heroic effort - to get the bike up onto the stand. But all may not be lost. Check everything for clearance and, if OK, have the legs on the center stand shortened by the amount you're going to lower the bike. Most any welder should have no problem if you just take the stand to them and tell 'em what you want done. I had this done a few years ago on a BMW XChallenge that I lowered an inch and it worked out just fine. (That is, of course, that Honda has a stock stand for the NC750SA - absolutely no clue if an NC750X stand would fit.)

I believe some riders, after lowering their bikes, was able to use the center stand made for the S model (S model never came to the USA)..since the S model is lower than the X or DCT..

I believe some riders, after lowering their bikes, was able to use the center stand made for the S model (S model never came to the USA)..since the S model is lower than the X or DCT..
The OP has an S model. I assume they already plan to fit an S stand.

Thanks for your replies,which are appreciated. It seems i have 2 choices for fitting a centre stand to my lowered NC750SA {25mms}. Buy a centre stand and have the same amount[25mms] removed, and then welded together or, buy a centre stand and travel around with a piece of wood handy. I guess a third alternative would be to become one of those annoying people to lift 500 lbs without effort.

Thanks for your replies,which are appreciated. It seems i have 2 choices for fitting a centre stand to my lowered NC750SA {25mms}. Buy a centre stand and have the same amount[25mms] removed, and then welded together or, buy a centre stand and travel around with a piece of wood handy. I guess a third alternative would be to become one of those annoying people to lift 500 lbs without effort.
Try it with the stock S center stand and then see if it actually needs improvement.

A couple thoughts; I use the center stand only for repair and maintenance. It is a very rare case when I am using the center stand away from home, so If my bike was lowered, I would see little need to carry along a block of wood.

Placing the bike on the center stand should require very little lifting if the technique is done right. As much body weight as possible is placed on the stand pedal with the foot, while the hand and arm guide the bike rearward.

thanks, the bike has been lowered a little now[25mms] which i am happy with, it has steepened the lean angle a little though. I take the point about rarely using the centre stand, which may be true in the garage, but Northern England can get very windy and even at the weight of the NC750 i wouldn't be confident that it wouldn't blow over in an exposed situation. I know from experience[painful] that just wouldn't happen with a centre stand. i think i will just have to go with one and take it from there.thanks for your thoughts.

Something to consider: The motorcycle is significantly more stable on the side stand (kickstand) than on the center stand. This is because the triangle formed by the 2 wheels plus kickstand is larger (touch points further apart from one another) in both dimensions than the triangle formed by the front wheel and the 2 legs of the center stand.

FWIW

you make a fair point about the stability of side stands but as i have lowered the bike by 25mms the side stand is supporting the bike at a steeper angle, and therefore less stable, so think i will have to go the route of a centre stand .

you make a fair point about the stability of side stands but as i have lowered the bike by 25mms the side stand is supporting the bike at a steeper angle, and therefore less stable, so think i will have to go the route of a centre stand .
Many people who have lowered their NC also got their side stand altered to compensate

Many people who have lowered their NC also got their side stand altered to compensate
Well i have had a centre stand {Honda} fitted to my NC750S, as previously mentioned it was lowered 25mm by lowering link. Pleased to say it is easily managable and no great effort is needed. The part of the base of the stand ,where you put your foot,is about 200mms long and this undoubtadly helps the leverage. The bike now feels much more secure when parked.

One other point is that the NC750 looks a much larger and more substantial motorcycle on a centre stand than previously. At 5.6 I would have walked past it in a showroom thinking it was too big for me to handle.

Soooooo I am into my second season on the NC and I bought this bike because it suits my needs and is such great value for the money. I have been adding only the bare essentials to my bike as I want to keep my investment low. I have been pricing out a centre stand and prices were coming in at $200 Canadian. Ugh!!! Threw my searches I finally came across the perfect solution under “ poor mans centre stand “ here is my bike up today for a chain cleaning and lubrication. This worked perfect as I only raised it enough to spin the rear wheel.

Attachments

• 61844622-EBEF-4DBF-8B3D-A428228F69A4.jpeg
    61844622-EBEF-4DBF-8B3D-A428228F69A4.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 12
When the NC first arrived in 2012, Honda couldn’t supply center stands until some time later. My solution for raising the rear wheel was a wood block prop up the axle. See photo. The thread I originally wrote about it is gone since it was so long ago. I also use a similar type metal stick for my dual sport that is small enough to carry with me.
4E9E5BBC-2214-4D61-A2EB-ED556889632A.jpeg

When the NC first arrived in 2012, Honda couldn’t supply center stands until some time later. My solution for raising the rear wheel was a wood block prop up the axle. See photo. The thread I originally wrote about it is gone since it was so long ago. I also use a similar type metal stick for my dual sport that is small enough to carry with me.
View attachment 44604
What is that, a photo for ants?

What is that, a photo for ants?
Sorry. Again, the forum has dropped old posts and threads from the past, and that thumbnail is all that is left of the original thread. I can locate the original photo and repost if there is any interest.

Sorry. Again, the forum has dropped old posts and threads from the past, and that thumbnail is all that is left of the original thread. I can locate the original photo and repost if there is any interest.
I couldn't resist quoting Zoolander :cool:

I am interested in your dualsport stick that you mentioned though, I am planning on doing some bigger rides on my DRZ where chain maintenance would be difficult to do trailside without some kind of leverage

Back