• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Chat Room

OldJeff

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not sure why the Admin didn't post about this new forum feature, but I think it might be a good tool for us to arrange some impromptu rides. What do ya think? :D

The link to it is on the top bar. It does want to install a add-on, but seems ok.

Bummer. It requires Java. Trying to keep this computer a Java free zone. It's as bad as Flash with all the constant updates. I think I stopped using it a couple years ago when there was a nasty security hole in Java.

I could see it being used for conversations between a couple people needing multiple repsonses to one another. Like texting back and forth on a phone.

It would be better if when you clicked on the chat button a seperate window opened for the chat session. This way you could continue to surf the threads while chatting with others in the chat room.

Last edited:
The last time I used a chat room in an NC forum, I got swore at with the f word and told to eat my own turd.
all factual. That young man was from Germany with a new NSC and bad sense of humor, another grumpy old man helped me along and got me banned.

i should have saved the chat log because that admin over there did not believe me and instead banned me for being a pain in his arse.

beware. Just sharing my experience. A good tool in wrong hands can be bad tool.

Just noticed there is a button to "Detach Chatroom Pop-Up". If you click that button a smaller window appears with whomever is in the current chat session. Once you do that you can chat with someonee and use your main page to surf the threads.

something i have noticed, is the chat room does not always "announce" when someone enters the room.

I noticed that too. I had left the other day and 15 minutes later it still said two people were in there. I went back in to check and only one person was in there.

No iPad friendly chat yet?

I'm not Apple Savy so ignore the question if it doens't apply. I know Steven Jobs was anti Java. Said something like it was a waste of time to build. I think all the way up to iOS 5 it did not support Java. I can't speak for iOS7.

Hi there. I'm about as handy with a computer as a trap door in a row boat. I use an apple computer. Do I need to be aware of Java ? If so, what should I use in its place?
Bummer. It requires Java. Trying to keep this computer a Java free zone. It's as bad as Flash with all the constant updates. I think I stopped using it a couple years ago when there was a nasty security hole in Java.

I was asking that question the other day. I know iOS 5 did not support Java. Does the new iOS 7? Any of you apple guys/gals know? They may some kind of a work around. I don't use apple products so I am not familiar.

Back