• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Chicken Lights

Maybe they should be renamed?

Distraction lights?
Smartphone lights?
Idiot lights?

I have white lights on my forks where you have yellow.

I’m considering putting handguards on my bike for the sole purpose of adding dual function Running/Turn lights.

I’m not ‘chicken’ but some drivers are distracted from playing with a smartphone and driving like idiots.

On the front fork are Denali "DRL" LED lights. They are designed not to glare into the eyes of drivers but to spread the beam over 180-degree side to side & up to down pattern that is attention getting but not blinding because it is so unfocused. They look like they are blinding in the photo but that is not the case in real life, I've ridden toward these and ridden with these illuminated behind me. The wide spread of the beam looks "glaring" in the photo but not in real world conditions.

IMG_9296.jpg

Denali just released a new set of lights I'm considering adding to hand guards. They are dual mode, running/turning. The big problem with Denali lights is they are not cheap. The big advantage to Denali lights is they are very bright. I also have some less expensive LED lights that do not compare to the quality or the intensity of the Denali lights. Whelen is another brand that people swear by as being bright and high quality. I've never used those but I'd trust them based on the recommendations.

Last edited:
This is an old trucker term. I've never heard it applied to bikes before
Yes, an old trucker term. One rumor was 1920s' truckers hauling chickens at night through darken
(no street lights) towns hung lanterns on their trailers to prevent chicken thievery.

Back