• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Question Chinese Metzeler

RC24F2

Reaction score
Visit site
So, after 3 plugs and still losing air, replaced the Shinko 705 rear with a Metzeler TOURANCE. Wanted a bit better treadlife and puncture resistance. Much to my surprise it is marked made in China. Then did some reading up on this and saw that the non-German early production tires had seperation issues. The Shinko was fine, but the leaks were not. The TOURANCE was a huge PITA to mount and took 52 psi to pop the bead using a lieberal amount of Ru-Glyde; super tight fit. Won't leak at the bead I guess.

Question for those with actual experience: Have you used a recent made Chinese Metzeler and what has been your experience with it? If replaced already, how big a PITA was it to get off the rim?

Thanks.

If you are interested, I can tell you about my experience with Metzler Tourance on My VFR. They were a breeze to remove from the rim on that bike with manual tire irons which I hope would be true across the various sizes.

Not the Tourance, but I’m running a Metzeler Z6 front tire, marked Made in China, on my NC. It has almost 10,000 miles on it and is still going. It has been trouble free. I have a Made in China Metzeler Z6 rear with a couple thousand miles on it, waiting to be remounted soon. No problems with the tire so far. Sidewalls are fairly stiff. Mounting and dismounting effort is comparable to a Shinko Raven or a Conti Motion.

Back