• A few people have been scammed on the site, Only use paypal to pay for items for sale by other members. If they will not use paypal, its likely a scam NEVER SEND E-TRANSFERS OF ANY KIND.

Choose your biking buddies carefully

I've ridden with large groups and can't say I like it.
There was talk before the ride of staying legal and then half the group blasts off at 90 MPH half way through the ride.
Some of us that were trying to stay legal had no idea where we were supposed to be headed (a pizza place southwest of... isn't a very good description) and we were under pressure to keep up.

Then I went on a ride with someone I'd never ridden with before... 20MPH over the speed limit all the time. We got stopped for speeding but got off with a warning because he couldn't tell who was going what speed.

That's what I get for riding with people I met online.
I now prefer people I personally know.

what matters most is --

what matters most to me is --

[video=youtube;8LhCd1W2V0Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LhCd1W2V0Q[/video]

I have done some different group rides.

Group rides with the riding school I went to. Fifty plus riders. A bit of a mess like a parade.

Done some smaller club rides with about 6 people. Find these ones better with the smaller group but the leaders style does not always match mine. I think the best one I went on is we travelled different roads that I had never been on and stopped frequently for snacks. Ice cream, lunch etc

Have done with a person that I met on a school ride. All I can say is you learn about what a person's actual riding level is relative to their opinion of their riding.

I usually only do a handful of group rides a year to get around new people. Spend the rest of the time in a world of my own :)

I have done some different group rides.

Group rides with the riding school I went to. Fifty plus riders. A bit of a mess like a parade.

Done some smaller club rides with about 6 people. Find these ones better with the smaller group but the leaders style does not always match mine. I think the best one I went on is we travelled different roads that I had never been on and stopped frequently for snacks. Ice cream, lunch etc

Have done with a person that I met on a school ride. All I can say is you learn about what a person's actual riding level is relative to their opinion of their riding.

I usually only do a handful of group rides a year to get around new people. Spend the rest of the time in a world of my own :)

Btw, we should do a local NC group ride or meet-up some day with the few fellows around Vancouver :)
I'm eager to see a bunch of NCs parked side by side...

In my MSF class they said "we don't have time to cover group rides, so we will just say,

1. Don't ride with knuckleheads; and

2. Ride your own ride."

I declined one group ride when I realized there were several stops at bars.

This past weekend I rode with a Harley group on a charity ride, about forty of us. No bar stops, a leader known to all, and good stagger formation discipline. That was my first time. It was fun!

i ride on group rides regularly with a group of cruisers. For the most part, the majority can't keep up with me on country roads. They think I ride a sport bike, and I have yet to correct most of them. It's funny how bikes are seen from different perspectives.

Back